The best mental health care for your workforce
Clinical Care Navigator-Remote, Full-Time
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Lyra is transforming mental health care through technology with a human touch to help people feel emotionally healthy at work and at home. We work with leading companies, such as Starbucks, uber, Amgen, eBay, and Fortune 500 companies, to improve access to effective, high-quality mental health care for their employees and their families. With our innovative digital care platform and elite provider network, more than 1.3 million people can receive best care and feel better, faster. Founded by David Ebersman, former CFO of Facebook and Genentech, Lyra has raised more than $170 million.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Care Navigator, you’ll be doing the important, meaningful work of managing crises, providing in-the-moment telephone support to clients with complex behavioral health issues, ensuring client safety, and connecting clients to high-quality, evidence-based providers. This position does not involve providing in-person services or therapy, but instead focuses on supporting clients in connecting to care, exclusively by phone and email. About 20% of your time will be devoted to activities of interest to you and of high value to our company, such as creating and delivering educational presentations, writing for a clinical blog, and serving on internal or customer-facing committees.
- A fast-paced, growing company - We move quickly to evolve tools and protocols based on data, so team members are expected to be curious and open to feedback, adapt quickly to new protocols, and make significant contributions to process improvements.
- A team with dynamic roles - We expect our team members to go beyond just casework by providing actionable feedback for internal teams and thinking critically about our care model. Unlike larger companies, we are building the company from the ground up, so we are iterating many processes as we grow.
- Making an impact - over 600,000 members are eligible for care through Lyra, and everyday we impact the lives of hundreds of people by improving access to life-changing mental health care.
- Agile: you flourish in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- A proven performer: you’ve excelled in roles with constantly evolving responsibilities
- An excellent communicator: written and verbal communication is your strength
- Tenacious: you persist and bring creative solutions to tough challenges
- Thorough: you’re detail-oriented and committed to getting the job done
- A time management guru: you efficiently move through a to-do list and effectively prioritize and triage competing demands
- Tech savvy: you easily adopt and are able to navigate new technology platforms with minimal ramp up
- Eager to learn: you’re excited to work in digital health within a start-up Independent and collaborative: you operate with minimal direction, but also thrive supporting team projects Growth-oriented: you thrive on constructive feedback, which you view as an opportunity to polish skills
- Excellent at crisis management: you are comfortable working with clients with suicidality and can use a structured interview to assess for risk and do safety planning
- Skillfully manage client crises, providing brief risk assessment, safety planning, and de-escalation with the goal of connecting the client to a therapist
- Independently manage a caseload of complex, multi-need clients
- Effectively and professionally communicate with clients throughout the process of accessing care, via email, phone, and occasionally text
- Creatively troubleshoot roadblocks to offering personalized, high quality clinical care for our clients
- Use Lyra’s proprietary matching software to connect clients to the best providers based on each individual client’s specific needs and preferences
- Master’s degree in clinical social work or equivalent; LCSW or equivalent independent clinical licensure. We’re unable to provide supervised hours toward licensure.
- Significant experience managing high-risk clinical situations (e.g., suicidality, mandated reporting)
- Comfort in environments with constantly evolving responsibilities
- Passion for connecting individuals with excellent care and able to provide short-term support over the phone and via email
- Bilingual, Spanish-speaking candidates strongly preferred
- A letter of interest is required as part of the application
Our headquarters are located in Burlingame, CA., remote work opportunities considered for excellent candidates.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.
Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision. Membership to One Medical for you and your dependents.
11 paid holidays + 20 vacation days
Fully equipped kitchen and unlimited snacks
We love dogs. Bring your pup to the office, share your latest insta-worthy shots on several slack channels dedicated to pet love. And if you love dogs so much you want to dress as one, no judgment here.
We host weekly lunch-and-learns led by Lyrians and experts on mental health, psychotherapy, tech, data insights, and more. It’s an opportunity for us to get together as one big team and learn something new.
Cell phone stipend
Lyra Health at a glance
Lyra Health focuses on Enterprise Software, Healthcare, Information Technology, Information Services, and Employer Benefits Programs. Their company has offices in Burlingame. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Lyra Health has raised $158.1M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2020.