Transforming behavioral health with technology
Client Support Specialist- Remote, Full Time
Lyra is transforming mental health care through technology with a human touch to help people feel emotionally healthy at work and at home. Using intelligent matching technology, Lyra connects companies and employees to high quality, effective mental health providers and care that works, and gives them the flexibility of in-person care, live video therapy, coaching programs, and digital self-care tools. We work with innovative companies, such as Uber and eBay, among others. Founded by David Ebersman, former CFO of Facebook and Genentech, Lyra Health has raised $83 million in funding to date, most recently a Series B round led by Tenaya Capital and Glynn Capital Partners.
The Client Support Specialist will support Lyra clients by conducting needs assessments, answering benefit and technical questions, scheduling with providers, and proactively following up with clients who are in care. This specialist will collaborate and escalate clients with complex needs to our clinicians. This role will work primarily with clients and will be the first point of contact for high risk cases and individuals in distress. Lyra will provide training on how to handle these cases in a supportive environment. The specialist will need to be comfortable discussing sensitive topics. Above all, this specialist is committed to supporting each and every client that reaches out with competency and compassion.
Role and Requirements:
- Effectively and professionally communicate with clients via email, phone, and chat
- Conduct needs assessment and educate clients about Lyra’s services
- Answer benefit questions and help navigate to other benefits
- Coordinate with providers around scheduling needs via email and phone
- Proactively check in with clients using email
- Adhere to standards of service operations, documentation and privacy at all times
- Collaborate proactively and effectively across the care team
- Commit to Lyra’s process of continuous self-improvement, Lyra’s product and service offering, and to your fellow team members
- Assist with other projects
- Fast-paced environment - We move quickly to evolve tools and protocols based on data so we need people who are comfortable with constant change, feedback, and improvement.
- Dynamic roles - You’ll be expected to support clients and go beyond by contributing to protocols, providing product feedback, and thinking critically about our care model. Unlike larger companies, we are building the company from the ground up and many of our processes will continue to evolve to help better service our clients.
- High expectations - We are a small team looking to make a huge impact so we expect dedication and positive collaboration from every team member.
- Past experience working with patients or clients over the phone: reimbursement specialist, patient advocacy, or intake.
- Demonstrate flexibility with shift changes. Hours of operation are from 6am-8pm. The Client Support Specialist will be willing to work all shifts from: 6am-3pm, 7am-4pm, 9am-6pm and 11am-8pm.
- Psychology background is preferred
- Agility: you flourish in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Proven performance: you’ve excelled in roles with constant evolving responsibilities
- Excellent communication skills: written and verbal
- Thoroughness: you are detail-oriented
- Time management: you efficiently move through a to-do list
- Tech Savvy: you easily navigate new systems
- Research: you quickly navigate the internet to gather information
- Eagerness to learn: you’re excited to work in digital health within a start-up
- Bilingual, Spanish-speaking candidates are preferred
This is a remote position so it is required to have quiet and secure place to take client calls.
Note: Since our hours of operation are from 6am to 8pm, we are looking for a Client Support Specialist willing to work all shifts: 6am-3pm, 7am-4pm, 9am-6pm and 11am-8pm. We are looking for someone with flexibility who would be primary on the 11am-8pm shift.
Local candidates to Burlingame (SF Bay Area), CA, only; no relocation offered.
While this is a remote position, we do require the Client Support Specialist to report to the office in Burlingame for meetings and trainings.
A cover letter is required as part of the application process.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.