Lyft designs transportation solutions and programs that drive your business forward
Consumer & Market Insights Manager
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft is seeking a research professional to join our Consumer + Market Insights team, which aspires to bring the objective voice of the Driver and Rider into all that we do, everyday! You’ll focus on Rider research, uncovering deep insights about what makes Riders tick and - more importantly - how Lyft can uplevel what we do to meet their needs. Your work will improve the experience for our riders across 300+ cities nationwide and in Canada.
You love to partner cross functionally, represent the voice of the customer at the table, and take pride in delivering best-in-class insights. You are also an excellent communicator and a flexible team player who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic working environment. You are comfortable working closely with passionate researchers, marketers, and product folks who care deeply about creating experiences that improve people’s lives through the world’s best transportation system.
- Support the Marketing and Product organizations by designing and executing qualitative and quantitative research projects that will support messaging, communication, and product development strategies with powerful insights that speak to the needs of our consumers
- Create empathy for our consumers by uncovering insights that inspire us to create marketing and product experiences that increase consumers’ love for Lyft
- Guide business partners in defining actionable research and insights, firmly anchored in business realities
- Choose appropriate research method(s), including primary qualitative, primary quantitative, data analysis, and secondary research
- Manage consumer panels
- Own research for Bikes and Scooter lines of business
- Design best sample frameworks and execute actionable analytical plans
- Synthesize and present insights
- Lead and manage research vendors
- Own prioritization, calendar, budget, and stakeholder management for your focal areas
- Collaborate with other researchers across the company, including those in UX Research, Data Science, and Public Policy
- 6+ years leading quantitative and qualitative primary research that delivers business results
- Proficient in market research methodologies, both qualitative (e.g., ethnographies, card sorting, diary studies, etc.) and quantitative (e.g., online surveys and quantitative analysis, discrete-choice studies, multivariate analysis, tracking studies, concept testing, data weighting, reporting, etc.)
- Skilled in designing research projects from scope, execution, and delivery of results through reports that are customized to a team’s particular needs
- Comfort incorporating advanced statistical concepts into research design
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, survey tools (i.e., Qualtrics) and statistical software (i.e. SPSS), SQL a plus
- Extraordinary communication and storytelling skills: you speak and write succinctly and clearly, focusing on what’s most important in a compelling way that draws audiences in
- Market research agency experience a plus
- Excellent partnering skills: teammates, cross-functional partners, and vendors love working with you
- Strong problem solving skills: you’re a proactive troubleshooter who comes to the table with well-reasoned solutions (maybe even a few!) that keep the big picture in mind
- Excellent organizational skills and meticulous eye for detail
- Ability to drive multiple projects forward, simultaneously and on-schedule in a fast-paced environment
- Highly self-directed, with strong enthusiasm for a collaborative, highly energetic, and high-performing environment
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Be your own boss
You call the shots and decide your own schedule.
Get paid reliably
Earn more with frequent bonus opportunities and cash out quickly.
Meet interesting people — riders and drivers alike
Lyft at a glance
Lyft focuses on Mobile, Peer-to-Peer, Transportation, and Ride Sharing. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a very large team that's 5000+ employees. To date, Lyft has raised $3.9B of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2018.
You can view their website at http://lyft.com