Lyft designs transportation solutions and programs that drive your business forward
Head of Growth Marketing
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
As Lyft continues to drive growth in its business, the company seeks a senior leader to oversee all global acquisition, engagement, and retention efforts across all paid and owned channels. Growth Marketing resides at the intersection of marketing, product, technology, and analytics with a strong emphasis on experimentation and impact. The team requires a highly specialized marketing skillset that is a unique blend of technical, operational, and creative talents.
The Head of Growth Marketing will be responsible for leading a team of 50+ employees, including performance and brand media experts and lifecycle marketers, supporting all of our customers -- Riders, Drivers, and Businesses. This is a unique opportunity to make a significant impact on a high-growth company in a fast-moving dynamic marketplace. The lead should be able to mentor and motivate a marketing team to solve complex problems and shape and bring to life innovative growth initiatives through quick experimentation and new technologies and tools.
- Design and lead implementation of growth strategy by using paid and owned media channels to grow new user acquisition, activation, engagement, and retention in a scalable and efficient way
- Partner closely with Product and Engineering teams to build campaigns and solutions that drive business growth
- Lead rapid experimentation of new channels, campaigns, creative, incentives, and approaches for the purpose of building scalable solutions
- Lead media efforts across both brand and performance campaigns and identify efficiencies between the two
- Partner deeply with the creative team to develop new operating model and tools for creative development and iteration
- Recruit and lead a team of skilled performance marketers to drive marketing strategy, campaign ideation, execution, and analysis, continually raising the bar on technical and analytical skills
- Build and maintain strong partnerships with key stakeholders across the organization including product, engineering, data science, and brand marketing
- Report key findings to the executive team on a recurring basis
- Be an industry thought leader and take part in shaping the future of performance marketing roles
- 15+ years of Performance Marketing and/or Acquisition Marketing, both B2C and B2B, including managing a large budget
- Successfully builds and executes growth strategies for both hyper-growth and scaled companies - consumer tech or tech-enabled consumer company experience is required
- Manages large direct teams as well as cross-functional teams (45+ in headcount) and proven track record of performance optimization
- Shapes planning and execution of multiple, complex marketing programs, e.g. SQL queries, experimentation, and ROI monitoring
- Strong marketing instincts and proven track record of shaping and executing on user growth strategies
- Deep analytics background and a high degree of proficiency with rigorous data tools
- Ability to synthesize, analyze and interpret data (including KPI reports) and transfer into actionable steps
- Experience in brand media and ability to lead large, schedule brand media buys also highly preferred
- Strong leadership presence; serves as a senior leader within a company, can create buy-in across all levels of an organization for their vision
- Deep understanding of Marketing Technology and media platforms (e.g. Facebook, Google, etc.)
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment that is both high-growth and startup in nature
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Be your own boss
You call the shots and decide your own schedule.
Get paid reliably
Earn more with frequent bonus opportunities and cash out quickly.
Meet interesting people — riders and drivers alike
Lyft at a glance
Lyft focuses on Mobile, Peer-to-Peer, Transportation, and Ride Sharing. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a very large team that's 5000+ employees. To date, Lyft has raised $3.9B of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2018.
You can view their website at http://lyft.com