Lyft designs transportation solutions and programs that drive your business forward
Public Engagement Strategist
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft is looking for dynamic, talented Community Strategists to authentically develop strategies for engagement inside of local markets, supporting and promoting Lyft's policy initiatives as well as spearheading local proactive reforms. Reporting to the National Regional Community leads, Community Strategists will be a key part of building the Lyft movement and achieving public policy progress for Lyft nationwide. In some instances, but not all, Strategists will manage Community Organizers.
As the community maven for Lyft in their local community, Community Strategists will develop our blueprint for engaging authentically with Lyft drivers, riders, and community allies in order to engage them on policy issues that impact their lives. This person will also help drive collaboration with Lyft’s Social Impact team, overseeing execution at the local and national level.
- Translate national goals into local strategy, developing comprehensive community affairs programs and campaigns across multiple markets
- Work cross-functionally across the Lyft organization in multiple markets to build relationships with drivers, riders, and other essential members of the Lyft community and to engage those key community members in meaningful action to further Lyft’s policy and social impact goals
- Work closely with Public Policy Managers to develop and execute a local community engagement strategy that will support the ridesharing movement and Lyft's local legislative initiatives
- Oversee the creation of a diverse coalition of supporters by managing relationships with local nonprofits, community organizations, and trade associations in Lyft's markets
- Create and execute scalable rapid response and long-term grassroots engagement strategies at the local, provincial, and federal levels
- Plan and staff government relations events such as community meetings, rallies, outreach sessions, meetups, etc.
- Recruit and train Lyft activists who will advocate for ridesharing in meetings and hearings with lawmakers, regulators as well as local media
- Coordinate and execute the use of political tactics such as advertising, in-district meetings, rallies, 1:1 meetings, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5-7+ years experience as an organizer/manager of organizers, digital strategist, for political and issue advocacy campaigns (preferably city and/or provincial level)
- Fluency with digital organizing and social media engagement
- People Management experience: ideally 4+ years
- Experience in local regional politics is a plus
- Experience recruiting and remotely managing volunteers and surrogates
- Knowledge of best-in-class organizing strategy and tactics
- Impeccable event organization skills
- Command of guerrilla marketing and offline advertising tactics
- Passionate commitment to the Lyft community and the sharing economy
- Charismatic in-person presence and public speaking ability
- Extended health and dental coverage options
- In addition to provincial observed holidays, team members get 15 days paid time off, with an additional day for each year of service
- 4 Floating Holidays each calendar year
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft believes that every person has a right to equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, pardoned record of offences, or any other basis protected by applicable law or by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Accommodation for persons with disabilities will be provided upon request in accordance with applicable law during the application and hiring process. Please contact your recruiter now if you wish to make such a request.
Be your own boss
You call the shots and decide your own schedule.
Get paid reliably
Earn more with frequent bonus opportunities and cash out quickly.
Meet interesting people — riders and drivers alike
Lyft at a glance
Lyft focuses on Mobile, Peer-to-Peer, Transportation, and Ride Sharing. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a very large team that's 5000+ employees. To date, Lyft has raised $3.9B of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2018.
You can view their website at http://lyft.com