Lyft designs transportation solutions and programs that drive your business forward
Technical Program Manager, Reliability
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft connects people to transportation to change the way we live and get around our communities. Lyft’s engineering team is growing rapidly, and we are looking for Technical Program Managers to help us scale. Come be part of a new team at Lyft focused on enabling and empowering engineering teams to deliver at scale.
Technical Program Managers at Lyft drive cross-functional initiatives, leveraging strong leadership, planning, communication, and collaboration skills. Our TPMs are technically strong with software engineering or systems engineering experience. They are problem solvers who make things happen around them by setting clear goals and inspiring teams to deliver. TPMs at Lyft are both strategic and tactical and do what it takes to successfully deliver key programs that have a material impact on the business.
We are seeking a technically strong Technical Program Manager to own our end-to-end reliability program. As a transportation company, reliability is critical in ensuring we deliver a trusted experience, every time. We’re looking for someone with a passion for infrastructure, building reliability and quality in, and developing processes and a learning culture around incident management and post mortems.
- Identify and resolve systemic issues impacting Lyft engineering and aggressively take action to resolve
- Establish on-call best practices and education with regards to incident response and internal communication
- Own incident management, post mortem process, and follow through
- Own production readiness review process and communication
- Partner with Simulations Platform and RSWE (Reliability SWE) on readiness for major events
- Partner with Customer Experience and Trust and Customer Impact and Response teams on making sure we are delivering great experiences
- Establish and manage the incident review team
- Lead iterative delivery of strategic cross-functional initiatives from concept to ship, through focus, transparency, communication, visibility, and accountability
- Leverage deep technical expertise with large-scale, distributed 24x7 production systems to build comprehensive plans, to identify risks, and to ensure smooth project launches with a goal of delighting our passengers and drivers
- 5+ years as a TPM, engineering, technical operations, or support leader
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver complex projects iteratively with multiple dependencies and constraints, in a highly dynamic and agile environment
- Proven ability to operate effectively and autonomously across multiple teams in situations of extreme ambiguity, with only high level direction
- Experience building roadmaps, release plans, project plans with a thorough understanding of dependency management
- Able to communicate highly technical problems and solutions at all levels from engineer to partner to C-level executives
- Able to influence, negotiate and inspire others in a matrixed environment
- Excellent organization, planning skills, and attention to detail
- Experience delivering projects in large-scale, distributed production systems and 24x7 production operations
- At least two years of software engineering or systems engineering experience
- Bonus points if you have experience in running site reliability programs that have focused on simulated incidents or disaster recovery testing!
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Be your own boss
You call the shots and decide your own schedule.
Get paid reliably
Earn more with frequent bonus opportunities and cash out quickly.
Meet interesting people — riders and drivers alike
Lyft at a glance
Lyft focuses on Mobile, Peer-to-Peer, Transportation, and Ride Sharing. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a very large team that's 5000+ employees. To date, Lyft has raised $3.9B of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2018.
You can view their website at http://lyft.com