World's First Smart Bicycle Helmet
Software Product Manager¥20k – ¥24k
Want to be part of an exciting startup that is having a positive impact on the world?
Lumos is the world's first smart bicycle helmet with integrated lights, brake, and turn signals. Launched on Kickstarter in 2015, Lumos raised over $800,000 USD in its campaign. It has been featured on Forbes, Fast Company, The BBC, and CNN. Lumos was named “The Helmet That Every Bike Commuter Needs” by Slate Magazine, and recently “Best Inventions of 2018” by TIME Magazine.
In 2018 Lumos became the first helmet to be sold at the Apple Store. Lumos Helmets can be found in over 300 Apple Stores in the US, Canada, Europe and Australia.
Lumos is a mission-driven company. Started out of our dorm rooms at Harvard, we seek to make a positive impact on the world by helping make cycling safer, and helping more people everywhere make cycling a bigger part of their everyday lives.
If you’re excited about our product and our mission, we want to talk to you!
Join us in our mission to improve cycling safety and have safe streets for all.
You are perfect for us if you are:
- a curious and self-motivated person
- a creative thinker and problem solver
- passionate to make world class products
- an exceptional communicator
- a team player
- able to work autonomously in a fast-pace, start-up environment
- Work with Snr Management to develop a software/data strategy to complement our hardware strategy
- Develop and test hypotheses on how we can improve our helmet companion app
- Lead our developers, organise and drive sprints to support our product roadmap in a timely fashion
- Relevant software/product experience and training
- must be willing to travel to Shenzhen, China at least one week a month
- must have proficiency in English and Mandarin (written & spoken)
Why join us?
- Work with a talented team which has already achieved some success in hardware and PR
- Huge autonomy to propose and test ideas
- Mission-driven, innovative culture
- lean team (~20 people), regular exposure to top management
- learn what it takes to make and sell a solid products from professionals in Shenzhen and LA
- Exciting time, we are growing quickly and the software strategy is at an early stage