Great user experiences start with Lou
Content Writer$40k – $60k • % – 1.0%
*ABOUT US *
LOU makes it easy to deliver in-app experiences that turn new users into power users. With LOU, teams can create beautiful user experiences like self-serve onboarding flows, product tours, new feature announcements, and surveys in just minutes, with no dev time.
LOU is a fast-growing startup that's an alum of Techstars NYC, was named 'Most Promising Startup' at INBOUND, and is backed by the investors of Lyft, Ring, and SpaceX.
ABOUT THE JOB
LOU is looking for a content writer to manage day-to-day content creation and distribution (bonus points for experience in SaaS). Your first big project will be researching the first time user onboarding experience of various SaaS platforms and writing about how they can be improved. You’ll also be responsible for researching and writing additional content around creating effective user experiences for SaaS platforms. Ultimately, you'll be creating content that product teams will use to learn how to create extraordinary user experiences.
- Create a library of posts critiquing SaaS platforms' first time user experiences and outlining how they can be improved
- Brainstorm new industry-specific topics to write on and pitch ideas to the team
- the team will also pitch ideas to you
- Create blog posts from scratch
- Turn half finished posts into complete posts
- Create shareable snippets, teasers & descriptions for each blog post
- Promote the content you write through LOU's social media accounts
- Develop a deep knowledge and understanding of great user experiences & B2B SaaS
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Really love writing (it's the entire job)
- At least 2 years experience creating & publishing content online
- Background in B2C or B2B writing, marketing, and content development
- Have impeccable grammar and a keen proofreader’s eye
- Strong organizational and project management skills
EXPERIENCE THAT WILL IMPRESS THE HECK OUT OF US:
- Background in journalism, user experience design, product development, and/or B2B SaaS
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN US:
We're a small but mighty team that's very collaborative.
You will be the first content creator on the team, and this role has the opportunity to grow as our team expands.
Your voice will be heard, and your work will have a big impact on the growth of our company and the progress of user experience design.
- Competitive Pay & Equity
- Unlimited PTO
- Choose to work remotely (based in the US) or from our office in Austin
LOU at a glance
LOU focuses on Enterprise Software and Customer Support Tools. Their company has offices in Austin. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees. To date, LOU has raised $500K of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2019.