Replay what users do on your site, helping you reproduce bugs and fix issues faster
Backend Services Engineer$100k – $170k • 0.0% – 0.1%
LogRocket's mission is to help engineering and product teams create excellent experiences for their customers. By recording videos of user session, along with logs and network data, LogRocket intelligently highlights UX issues and surfaces the root cause of every bug.
In this role, you'll architect and build the system that processes millions of events per day for LogRocket, our service for understanding frontend issues. You'll ship enhancements to our backend within the first few weeks as you come up to speed, then take on the design, delivery, monitoring, and maintenance of entire parts of our backend stack.
We recently raised a $15M Series B and are currently doubling in usage every few weeks. It's a great time to join!
- Design a queue system that can dynamically scale to millions of events per second
- Implement a search backend that allows users to search in real time across millions of log entries
- Build a machine learning pipeline that automatically detects bugs in our users' apps
What We Look For
- Familiarity with the state of the art in cloud technologies, including architectural principles, specific tools of the trade, and their strengths and weaknesses
- Some experience operating applications with demanding scalability or availability requirements
- A strong understanding of the performance, architecture, and cost of cloud systems
- A strong collaborator who is transparent about progress on tasks, seeks feedback early and often, works effectively with the team
- A motivated worker who delivers on engineering estimates
Founded in 2016, LogRocket's goal is to make every experience on the web as perfect as possible. Today, our team is a diverse group that brings an eclectic set of experiences from Google, Meteor, Drift, HubSpot, MIT, and Columbia. We enjoy eating lunch together in our airy Downtown Crossing office, learning at our show-and-tell sessions, and hosting our friends during #logrocketeer events. We focus on building our software with care and craftsmanship — our engineering blog posts offer a taste of that — and we welcome talented people from all backgrounds. Many of us have important spaces in our lives, whether it be family, social organizations, schools, or former companies, and we're doing all we can to make LogRocket another one.
Backed by top investors Matrix Partners and Battery Ventures, we're on a mission to improve society's experience with software.
Generous health benefits
Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance provided by us!
We all get to own a piece of what we're building!
Flexible work hours & location
As long as our work is getting done, build a schedule that works for you!
Flexible time off
We all work hard, and are encouraged to take all the time we need to rest and recharge - no strings attached
Catered lunch & stocked kitchen
3 catered lunches a week and a fully-stocked kitchen all of the snacks (healthy and non-healthy), coffee and tea you'll need
Access to a gym through our building facilities
Pre-tax commuter benefits
Frequent team outings in and out of the office - from craft night to boat cruises, when know when it's time to let loose and have fun
LogRocket at a glance
LogRocket focuses on SaaS, Information Technology, Video, Information Services, and Design. Their company has offices in Boston. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, LogRocket has raised $26M of funding; their latest round was closed on November 2019.