Transform disorganized enterprise processes to reduce risk and improve compliance
Software Engineer II: UI/UX$80k – $100k • 0.01% – 0.01%
LogicGate is a venture-backed, Chicago-based SaaS startup that creates flexible and beautiful business process software. Our customers use LogicGate to visually design end-to-end workflows and create highly configurable process applications that place controls around mission-critical activities. We are providing self-service solutions for enterprises within the Governance, Risk and Compliance, and Business Process Management software industries, saving them time and money.
Who we’re looking for
As a young company in a software space filled with clunky and dated interfaces; we see user experience and interface aesthetics as the foundation of our success. We’re looking for a front-end developer who can’t stand poor UX and wants to blow the minds of our customers with gorgeous pages and slick design. We want someone who doesn’t see “functional” as complete, but will strive to make new features beautiful.
Our ideal candidate is self-motivated, cooperative, and infinitely curious. They love the challenge of designing something new and avoid regurgitating existing constructs. It’s essential that team members are able to take ideas and run with them, relying on experience and creativity.
What you’ll do
* Design and develop new user-facing features
* Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
* Optimize front-end application for speed, reliability, and scalability
* Investigate and implement new technology to keep the stack current
* Write tests to facilitate an efficient dev cycle and a bug-free application
* Collaborate with a small team to birth new ideas
What we use
Work: Jira - Slack - Gitlab - G Suite
CI/CD: Gitlab CI - Docker - AWS
Front: TypeScript - Angular - AngularJS - D3 - SCSS - HTML
Back: Spring Boot - Java 8 - Kotlin - Neo4j
Why you’ll like it
You’ll help create best practices instead of just following along. You’ll have the freedom to explore new technologies and help make fundamental product decisions as the application and client base grows. Our culture is fast-paced and driven by a passionate team, but allows for the flexibility you’d expect from an early stage startup.
As one of the team’s early hires you’ll have the option to take equity in an already well-funded Chicago startup. You’ll have a strong voice in a team of co-founders and engineers. This is a rare opportunity to play a key role in building a business, have a direct impact on the product, as a part of a collaborative and high-performing engineering team.
We’re nestled in the corner of river north on the fifth floor of 320 W Ohio Street. Our kitchen is often stocked with a variety of interesting sparkling waters, snacks, and beers for impromptu happy hours. We offer the following benefits:
* Equity in a Well-Funded Company
* Health Coverage (PPO and HMO)
* Dental Coverage
* Long Term Disability
* Life Insurance
* Transit Benefits
Our core values
* Own It - Be self-driven, entrepreneurial, and efficient
* Raise the Bar - Challenge complacency and mediocrity; be adaptable and agile; details matter
* Be as One - Trust, collaborate, and support; Invest in co-workers and clients
* Embrace Curiosity - Always be learning, be curious and share; be humbled but not embarrassed by mistakes
* Do the Right Thing - Even when no one is looking; transparent
Empower Clients - Create solutions where customers win
LogicGate at a glance
LogicGate focuses on SaaS, Enterprise Software, Risk Management, and Business Process Management. Their company has offices in Chicago. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, LogicGate has raised $9.9M of funding; their latest round was closed on July 2018.