Putting Your Logs to Work for You!
Senior Software Engineer, Backend
Senior Software Engineer, Backend
At LogDNA, you will be involved in envisioning and implementing a fast and modern log management platform that offers the flexibility of an amazing developer experience combined with the trust of enterprise-grade infrastructure. Today, LogDNA is used by over 3,000 teams including customers at IBM, Houseparty, ASICS, and Lime Bike. We are building a future where developers don’t have to dread the tools they use at work, starting with log management. We have achieved 300% year-over-year revenue growth in the last year, and we're just getting started.
We are looking for a passionate and motivated Senior Backend Engineer to help us deliver our evolving, world-class log management system. You will work on every part of the system , including integration with external systems, data ingestion and processing, search, and API design. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, holds themselves and others accountable and maintains the highest standards. He or she will put the customer first and be comfortable with the velocity of a fast-paced startup, and not be afraid to tackle the scaling challenges of petabyte per day big data customer data.
- Work closely with the product management, and internal teams to understand the needs of our customers and quickly iterate to develop features
- Design, implement, and launch critical product features in a fast-paced environment
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements of our product
- Collaborate in cross-functional teams and with partner companies
- Investigate and improve overall system performance and scalability
- Drive engineering best practice and mentor colleagues
- 7+ years of relevant industry experience
- Strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, distributed systems, databases and information retrieval
- Strong understanding of web and SaaS technologies
- Obsession with product quality and customer success
- Keen attention to detail, without forgetting about the big picture
- Strong communication skills with the ability to lead technical discussions
Bonus Points for Prior Experience:
- Knowledge of Rust
- Cloud Platforms such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, or Microsoft Azure
- REST APIs
- Redis, MongoDB or ElasticSearch
- Message Queue systems like RabbitMQ or Kafka
- Data mining and machine learning
- Experience with open source software
- Delivering a product that supports users worldwide
- Working in a fun, energetic, agile team environment
- Competitive compensation plan
- 100% full health premium coverage for you and your dependents (yes... everyone)
- Dental and Vision coverage
- Unlimited Vacation
This is a full-time opportunity. LogDNA is based in Mountain View, CA but can hire for 100% remote.
At LogDNA, we're looking for employees who exhibit passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description. We're building a culture where our differences are valued and believe this will drive innovation. Ultimately, our success will be achieved through diversity of backgrounds, experiences, ideas and opinions . Everyone is welcome - as an inclusive workplace our employees are comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work every day. Come join us.
Full health coverage
Lunch provided daily
Local boba and coffee
Dog friendly office
Annual group offsite
LogDNA at a glance
LogDNA focuses on Cloud Computing, Search, Real Time, Big Data, and Software. Their company has offices in Mountain View and Remote. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, LogDNA has raised $33.42M of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2018.