Putting Your Logs to Work for You!
Engineering Manager, Backend
At LogDNA, you will be involved in envisioning and implementing a fast and modern log management platform that offers the flexibility of an amazing developer experience combined with the trust of enterprise-grade infrastructure. Today, LogDNA is used by over 3,000 teams including customers at IBM, Houseparty, ASICS, and Lime Bike. We are building a future where developers don’t have to dread the tools they use at work, starting with log management. We have achieved 300% year-over-year revenue growth in the last year, and we're just getting started.
We are looking for a passionate and motivated Technical Leader/Manager for one of our full stack development teams to help us deliver our evolving, world-class log management system. You will help shape and nurture the development team that is responsible for building our functionality relating to the internal data pipeline as well as specifically organization/account management, billing and data management. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, holds themselves and others accountable and maintains the highest standards. They will put the customer first and be comfortable with the velocity of a fast-paced startup, and not be afraid to tackle the scaling challenges of petabyte per day big data customer data. Above all, the candidate will have a team-oriented attitude, a desire to see team members succeed and grow, and the ability to set up processes to execute quickly.
Responsibilities (What you'll do)
- Work closely with the product management and internal teams to understand the needs of our customers and quickly iterate to improve our product.
- Provide hands-on technical management, guidance, and support being ultimately responsible for the health of the systems the team delivers.
- Communicate and collaborate with cross-functional local and remote teams as well as with partner companies.
- Help shape and lead software engineering teams through hiring and growing engineers.
- Cultivate an environment where team members are empowered and demonstrate a strong sense of ownership.
- Cultivate and influence continuous improvement both in your team and across Engineering; identify and seize opportunities to improve the way we estimate, plan, develop, test, ship, and deploy our software and established metrics to measure progress.
- Manage technical debt. Help to maintain balance between velocity and code health.
Qualifications (What you'll need)
- 3+ years of experience managing engineering teams
- Strong communication skills with the ability to drive technical discussions
- Experience developing and communicating a strategy and roadmap for your teams
Bonus Points (Nice to have)
- Ability to provide technical leadership in collaboration with technical stakeholders on your team.
- Hands-on experience architecting and building web applications at scale in the past.
- Competitive compensation plan
- Work remotely with a remote team
- 100% Full health premium coverage for you and your dependents (yes... everyone)
- Dental and Vision coverage
- Unlimited Vacation
Delivering a product that supports users worldwide
Working in a fun, energetic, agile team environment
This is a full-time opportunity. LogDNA is based in Mountain View, CA but with a remote-friendly work culture. Apply with confidence - fortune favors the bold!
At LogDNA, we're looking for employees who exhibit passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description. We're building a culture where our differences are valued and believe this will drive innovation. Ultimately, our success will be achieved through diversity of backgrounds, experiences, ideas and opinions. Everyone is welcome - as an inclusive workplace our employees are comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work every day. Come join us.
Full health coverage
Lunch provided daily
Local boba and coffee
Dog friendly office
Annual group offsite
LogDNA at a glance
LogDNA focuses on Cloud Computing, Search, Real Time, Big Data, and Software. Their company has offices in Mountain View and Remote. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, LogDNA has raised $33.42M of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2018.