Putting Your Logs to Work for You!
Software Development Engineer in Test
At LogDNA, you will be involved in envisioning and implementing a fast and modern log management platform that offers the flexibility of an amazing developer experience combined with the trust of enterprise-grade infrastructure. Today, LogDNA is used by over 3,000 teams including customers at IBM, Houseparty, ASICS, and Lime Bike. We are building a future where developers don’t have to dread the tools they use at work, starting with log management. We have achieved 300% year-over-year revenue growth in the last year, and we're just getting started.
We are looking for a passionate and motivated Senior Engineer in QA to help us build our evolving, world-class log management system. The ideal candidate will be a hands-on, energetic self-starter with a passion for helping to create products that deliver an unmatched customer experience. You will have a team-oriented attitude, a desire to see your team succeed and grow, and the ability to set up processes to execute quickly. You will be results-driven, hold yourself and others to the highest standards and put our customers success first.
Responsibilities (What you'll do)
- Work closely with the product management, design, and internal teams to understand the needs of our customers and to ensure quality is a key consideration
- Help establish and evolve formal QA processes, ensuring that we are using industry-accepted best practices.
- Work in all aspects of quality assurance including establishing metrics, applying industry best practices, and developing new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met.
- Act as point of contact for QA aspects of releases, providing QA services and coordinating QA resources internally and externally.
- Serve as an advisor to developers when it comes to software quality.
- Develop and execute test cases, scripts, plans and procedures (manual and automated with a strong emphasis on automation).
- Strong aptitude for deep technical and root cause testing and analysis
Qualifications (What you'll need)
- 8+ years of relevant industry experience
- Proven track record in software development
- Proven track record in software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Solid scripting knowledge
- Solid understanding of testing as part of a CI/CD pipeline
- Obsession for product quality and customer success
- Keen attention to detail, without forgetting about the big picture
- Strong communication skills with the ability to contribute to technical discussions
Bonus Points (Nice to have)
- Experience with one or more areas in performance, security, functional, regression, and integration testing
- Knowledge of Kubernetes is a plus
- Delivering a product that supports users worldwide
- Working in a fun, energetic, agile team environment
- Competitive compensation plan
- Remote work stipend
- 100% full health premium coverage for you and your dependents (yes... everyone)
- Dental and Vision coverage
- Unlimited Vacation
At LogDNA, we're looking for employees who exhibit passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description. We're building a culture where our differences are valued and believe this will drive innovation. Ultimately, our success will be achieved through diversity of backgrounds, experiences, ideas and opinions. Everyone is welcome - as an inclusive workplace our employees are comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work every day. Come join us.
*This is a 100% remote opportunity with option to work out of LogDNA's Mountain View, CA Headquarters. *
Full health coverage
Lunch provided daily
Local boba and coffee
Dog friendly office
Annual group offsite
LogDNA at a glance
LogDNA focuses on Cloud Computing, Search, Real Time, Big Data, and Software. Their company has offices in Mountain View and Remote. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, LogDNA has raised $33.42M of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2018.