Live where it counts. rent a home, host guests, save money
Senior Software Engineer$80k – $140k • 0.02% – 0.2%
Loftium is a Seattle-based startup at the intersection of housing and hospitality. We offer guests and travelers a network of private, centrally-located affordable and practical suites for short and medium-term stays, managed by locals who live onsite and are able to afford a premium single family home lifestyle by hosting.
We are backed by top-tier Silicon Valley venture capital firms and are among the most recognized start-ups in the Pacific Northwest (read about us in Geekwire!). We’re a nimble, capable, driven, and diverse team that’s focused on learning, experimentation, and results. We believe that everyone should have access to a beautiful home in a neighborhood they want and we’re on a mission to make that happen.
About the role
We’re looking for a motivated, versatile engineer to join our team to play an important role in building upon Loftium’s core Ruby on Rails platform. You will have a significant and meaningful impact on Loftium's business and the experience of our Guests and Renters, building and shipping features on a daily/weekly basis. You'll report directly to our cofounder / Head of Product and have opportunity to contribute to our product direction.
- Working cross-functionally with internal teams and product team to understand the needs of Loftium's stakeholders: Guests, Renters and Landlords
- Participating in and leading weekly / biweekly sprint planning meetings to spec and prioritize feature development
- Working with external partners and integrating with third-party APIs
- End-to-end ownership of core features, from problem definition through code deployment
- Engaging in collaborative practices like peer code reviews, documentation, and pair programming
- Improving system stability and scalability as our business continues to grow
- Refactoring old code and improving automated test coverage
- Excited about Loftium’s mission of making housing more affordable through hospitality
- You place high value on ownership, autonomy and the impact you're having through work
- Versatile and flexible: you are very comfortable in a startup environment and can handle change
- Believe in self-improvement, refactoring, and studying best practices
- Excited to play a part in strategy and decision-making above and beyond your domain of expertise
- 4+ years engineering experience
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- Ideally you have some experience with
- Creating / working on scalable production web apps
- Building and consuming RESTful APIs
- Managing deployment & operation of cloud services (Heroku, AWS)
- Payments systems
- Managing confidential user data
- Iterative development, especially for startups
- Competitive salary and equity
- Flexible hours and time off
- Flexible remote work in a post-COVID world
- Medical & dental insurance, and 401k
- Lots of snacks
- Once-in-a-lifetime experience taking a startup into scale mode, working directly with experienced founders and a diverse, fun-loving and hardworking team
Loftium is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds and perspective.
Meet your team
Loftium at a glance
Loftium focuses on Internet, Real Estate, Finance, and Seattle. Their company has offices in Seattle. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Loftium has raised $20M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2019.