Own your financial future
Lead Data Scientist$100k – $175k • 0.1% – 0.25%
The more data, the better. You see patterns and connections in seemingly unrelated places. You’re excited to build data products that make consumer's financial lives better.
At LoanSnap, our mission is to provide our customers smart loans, fit perfectly to their needs and financial goals. We review each customer's whole financial picture in seconds instead of asking them hundreds of questions and giving them the same loan as everyone else.
We have a smart, fun, and focused team, have raised over $20 million from top-notch investors and are growing fast. LoanSnap already provides $10s of millions in loans per month. Our two founders, Karl Jacob and Allan Carroll, are serial entrepreneurs who have raised 23 rounds of financing, created 8 companies from scratch and built products and companies that impact 100s of millions of people.
Your job will be to work with our product and engineering teams to:
- Help build industry-leading, data-driven lending products
- Rapidly prototype features and predictive models
- Identify, research, and analyze potential data sources
- Communicate quantitative results and recommendations
- Generate easy-to-understand data visualizations
Success will be measured by how efficiently and accurately you can help identify and exploit opportunities to use data to improve LoanSnap lending products and internal tools.
You're good at:
- Finding patterns in data, turning them into features, and building accurate, reliable models.
- Working with PMs to build compelling products using data and prediction.
- Using modern data engineering tools and techniques.
- Effectively telling stories using data and easy-to-understand graphs
- Quickly learning business context and helping the company make data-driven decisions.
- You quote Ed Tufte while sleep talking.
- You're great at something which we should have put in this job description, but didn't know to ask for.
- You have a passion for something outside the office
Meet your team
Medical, dental, vision
Paid maternity and paternity leave
Flexible with 15 pto, 7 sick days
Snacks, dinner and lunch 1x/week
Monthly wellness stipend
Weekly game night and monthly outing
LoanSnap at a glance
LoanSnap focuses on Fin Tech. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Costa Mesa. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, LoanSnap has raised $17M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2019.