Childhood nutrition and wellness, redefined
Senior Full Stack Engineer$120k – $200k • 0.01% – 0.5%
As a member of our team, you’ll architect, craft, and deploy code that drives our entire business, from managing customer subscriptions and billing to powering operations at scale.
• Lead and own projects and make important technical decisions
• Work collaboratively with our other developers, helping to manage (and build) our team of full time and contract developers
• As needed, work cross-functionally with the product, customer care, marketing and operations teams to understand the wholistic needs of the business and help build solutions to solve them
• Develop applications and business critical features using agile methodologies
• Participation in sprint planning and cross-functional company initiatives
• Help define the next generation of Little Spoon’s web app and software stack
• Have end-to-end responsibility for projects of increasing complexity and scale
• Deliver both frontend and backend features that improve the Little Spoon experience
Our architecture is centered around a NodeJS API with Postgres and Redis. We have two custom-built web applications that interface with it:
1. the consumer facing website, LittleSpoon.com, that has content pages, an onboarding and checkout flow, and user account and order management
2. an internal tool, Spoon Central, that our team uses for customer management, reporting, product catalogs, updating content, and advanced subscription options
Our front-end applications are written in React, Redux and Next.js.
Additionally, we have a number of custom workers that handle jobs like processing renewal orders, sending triggered e-mails and generating reports, as well as webhooks integrating with select third party services for things like payment processing, generating shipping labels, etc.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Our ideal candidate will check most of these boxes:
• 5+ years of experience
• Experience with modern web architecture and software development practices and familiar with challenges
• Experience working collaboratively with other developers and/or managing people
• Previous DevOps responsibilities a must – scaling, deploying and maintaining application stacks in multiple environments. Experience with AWS, Heroku and Redis a plus
• Ability to effortlessly translate complex technical challenges to non-technical team members
• E-commerce experience, ideally with a subscription-based business
• Ability to think creatively and come up with solutions to ever-changing business needs
• Experience working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
• Startup grit
• Based in our SoHo, NYC office
• Passionate high-energy team with a fun, flexible culture
• Competitive compensation and health benefits
• Equity package
Little Spoon at a glance
Little Spoon focuses on E-Commerce, Food and Beverages, Organic Food, and Baby And Kids. Their company has offices in New York City. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Little Spoon has raised $7M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2019.