Blockchain Development House
Business Development Manager$40k – $60k • 1.0% – 2.0%
Who we are
Linum Labs is a Software Development studio with a focus on blockchain and web3 technology, founded in early 2016. We strive to be at the forefront of Web3 thought leadership and production in Africa and Europe.
As part of our mission to incentivize positive growth of blockchain technology and support the open-source philosophy of our industry, Linum promotes ecosystem growth across the globe to make knowledge and skills development resources more readily accessible to everyone.
With our HQ located in Switzerland, and further team presence in London, Berlin, Turkey, Israel, and the beautiful city of Cape Town, South Africa. We work on the full life cycle of projects, from a client coming in with an idea, planning, developing, testing, audits, refinements, and launching.
Who you are
You are a mid to senior-level business development manager (3+ years XP) that is highly motivated, high-energy and is looking to join an exciting work environment. You are excited about the blockchain space and are either already involved in the community, or eager to join.
You will have responsibility for developing our relationships with key clients and partners supporting our brand globally. You will be single-mindedly focused on closing new deals bringing together new outstanding projects at the best value to our customers.
This role is remote but only candidates located within 2 to 3 hours of the CET timezones will be considered. Preferred locations: London, Cape Town, Berlin, Zurich.
Our ideal candidate
The ideal candidate will be a driven, disciplined individual with excellent communication skills, able to research and keep up to date with current trends and developments within the blockchain community. You will be able to self manage tasks, expectations and schedules in a remote environment.
- You thrive on learning new technologies and don’t believe in one-size-fits-all solutions.
- You should be able to adapt easily to meet the needs of our massive growth and rapidly evolving business environment.
- Outgoing, extrovert, that makes friends easily and has no trouble connecting with csuite level executives
- Interest in open source and a desire to contribute to the industry through your work
- Ability to travel frequently
What you'll be doing
- Leading strategic deal-making efforts
- Improving Linum's global partnership relationships and offerrings
- Increasing client acquisition and revenue efforts
- Pitching and closing partnership deals bringing the best products and features at the best value for our customers
- Managing the full process from lead generation through to closing and onboarding of new clients
- Identifying, negotiating and closing awesome deals
- Leading the relationship management effort with our current partners
- Presenting at conferences on industry relevant topics, as a representative of Linum as a thought leading company in the space
- As a remote team, we are much more flexible around time than your normal office job. We have "office hours" wherein you need to be available for communication with the team from 9 AM CEST - 5 PM CEST.
Below are the skills you need to have in order to qualify to apply, as well as a host of skills and experience that would make you an ideal candidate.
Have to have
- At least 3+ years experience in a similar role
- A proven track record of success closing enterprise deals
- World-class analytical skills and full understanding of financial concepts
- Ability to see and unlock new business opportunities with measurable impact to company objectives
- Identifying new business development opportunities and engaging all relevant stakeholders
- Passion for blockchain and web3 technology
- Excellent business acumen, communication and interpersonal skills with an innate ability to influence others and create active engagement, excitement and productivity in a group setting with a variety of stakeholders
- You have flawless English language ability with outstanding communication & presentation skills
- Creative approachable, energetic “can-do” attitude with ability to change direction in a dynamic working environment
Nice to have
These "nice to have" skills cover a wide variety of skills and experience. You in no way need to have any of these to apply, but having a few will help your chances.
- A large existing blockchain, fintech or start up network
- Experience building large scale financial systems and complex financial products.
- Interest in open source development
- Writing skills
What we can offer you
- Great team culture and support
- Great incentive structure (Base salary + comission incentives)
- Flexible working hours and engagements
- Blockchain engagements and training
- Remote working
- The chance for career progression is extremely strong
- Commission opportunities
- Paid travel opportunities across Europe, Africa and America for conferences and hackathons
*We are an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equality and weaving a community that values diverse perspectives and experiences and are actively seeking a diverse pool of applicants. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Linum Labs at a glance
Linum Labs focuses on Identity, Blockchains, Software Engineering, and Fin Tech. Their company has offices in Europe, London, Switzerland, Cape Town, and Berlin. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees.