Last mile & On-Demand Platform
Full Stack Engineer£58k – £68k
Due to further expansion, we are seeking a Full Stack Developer to help us to continue to dominate one of the most buoyant, fastest-growing industries, that is changing the world and the speed of which we receive items.
LineTen is on a mission to crack the code on urban delivery. By leading with our values and putting carrier partners first, we are paving the way for better delivery experiences. LineTen is a new approach to delivery with a free carrier API and an operations management platform for shippers. We're building the first global data-driven last-mile network that has the potential to solve industry-wide problems.
You will be joining a passionate, highly skilled, technical team of 15, who work on 3 core products, each with their own technical frameworks, using common front-end and back-end libraries.
Throughout your career with Lineten, you will have the opportunity to work with each of these products and influencing both the technical and functional direction of them, utilising the best technologies and the best libraries to solve problems.
We are seeking forward-thinking, dynamic developers, who want to be game changers in solving real-world business problems using cutting edge technology and thinking.
As well as development through the full systems development life cycle, you will also be responsible for:
- Weekly Sprint prioritisation (we have 2 weekly Sprints)
- Participate in daily stand-ups (sprint reviews past and current)
- Weekly development meetings and 121’s
- Weekly solution design sessions
- Participate in code reviews
- Work with QA team to create test plans for new or modified functionality
- Documentation using Confluence and tasks using Jira (Atlassian software suite)
- Participate in Defining requirements, Acceptance criteria early on with product owners
Experience in the following:
- Extensive experience with PHP 5.6+ and knowledge of any modern frameworks (framework agnostic)
- Hands on experience with SOLID principles and design patterns
- Writing PHPunit, integration and end-to-end tests
- Good working knowledge of Git and Composer
We need you to be comfortable with:
- Paired programming
- Training, guiding, helping new and existing team members
- Clear communication for expressing problems, blockers and any other matters
Who are Lineten
We are a leading on-demand delivery platform, which is the future of the logistics industry. We currently have 50 employees, and having just gone through Series A funding, we are now accelerating our growth world-wide. Even though we are currently small, we have an impressive list of clients such as Farfetch, Krispy Kreme and Five Guys, to name but a few.
Perks on offer
- Individual £2000 training budget per annum
- £100 to spend on business books per annum
- Flexible working environment
- Ability to work from home 1 day a week (additional days to be agreed with your manager)
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay
- Healthcare will be launched shortly
- Modern, funky offices based in White City/Shepherds Bush
- Safe bike storage and showers for those dedicated cyclists/runners
- Have a dog? we're a dog friendly office, You're more than welcome to bring yours in
- Onsite meditation/sleep room
- Onsite creche and babysitting service
- Onsite sports therapist
- Onsite games room
- Onsite free drinks every Thursday
- Discounts to local businesses services
- Opportunities to work abroad longer term
We're a dog friendly office
Lineten at a glance
Lineten focuses on E-Commerce, Consulting Services, and Same Day Delivery. Their company has offices in London. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Lineten has raised $14.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2019.
You can view their website at https://www.lineten.com/