Simple, accessible micromobility for all
Lime is founded on the simple idea that all communities deserve access to smart, affordable mobility.
We aim to reduce dependence on personal automobiles for short distance transportation and leave future generations with a cleaner, healthier planet. Using our mobile app, consumers can locate, unlock and ride one of thousands of nearby smart scooters, bikes or transit vehicles. When they're done, they can simply park the vehicle, lock it, and walk away. Traffic, rerouting, and late arrivals are a thing of the past.
Lime was born in early 2017, when co-founders Brad Bao and Toby Sun identified a gap in the way people travel short distances. Since then, no company has grown as fast as we have. We’ve deployed thousands of bikes and scooters in 100+ cities worldwide. Since our initial product launch in June of 2017, over 100 million trips have been taken with Lime bikes and scooters, and our riders take 3 million more every week.
Even given our spectacular growth, we don’t just see ourselves as a transit company. The insights that we can offer cities - about travel patterns, local economies, and consumer behavior - will be the foundation on which they build in the decades to come.
Our small but mighty finance team is responsible for managing hundreds of millions of dollars of resources across 25 countries on 5 continents, and is led by Ted Tobiason (our CFO) and Udi Hoffmann (our VP of FP&A). We're looking for a controller to lead and drive our global accounting function and reporting framework in its entirety while we continue to expand. You’ll report to our VP of FP&A, but will work closely with our CFO and the other elements of our finance and operations orgs and will regularly communicate with the executive leadership team.
What You'll Do
- Overseeing worldwide accounting functions with significant presences in APAC and EMEA (25+ people in total)
- Owning Lime's financial reporting and ensuring that we're producing timely and accurate statutory and management accounts
- Reviewing and analyzing regional P&Ls, balance sheets and cash flows
- Continuing to build, train and lead the accounting and reporting team
- Acting as a liaison to external auditors and owning the responsibility for Lime’s views on technical accounting matters
- Designing and creating or optimizing smart, pragmatic solutions for operational and reporting challenges
- Establishing and maintaining close and effective relationships with internal and external partners
Selection criteria (positives but not requirements)
- 10 to 15 years of accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting and/or business administration
- Big 4 experience and CPA required
- Expert knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS and the ability to apply these practically
- Significant experience developing and mentoring a high-performing accounting team across multiple functions
- Previous experience in a fast-paced start-up, scale-up or multinational environment is highly preferred
- Experience in hardware and inventory accounting
- Pre- and post-IPO experience
- A level of Excel wizardry bordering on the supernatural
- Experience with Netsuite, SAP and other cloud-based solutions considered a plus
- Hands-on experience with internal and external audits as well as overall compliance
- Boldness and humility - the ability to communicate effortlessly in a cross-functional and multicultural environment
- Flexibility to switch between hands-on operations and strategic thinking
- The ability to operate at Limespeed across multiple time zones
- Results-driven without taking shortcuts: integrity above everything
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and significant equity in a well-funded, extremely high-growth company
- Catered lunch and dinner, daily
- Top-notch healthcare, vision, & dental coverage
- A chance to revolutionize the way cities move and grow
We here at Lime strive to build a workforce comprised of individuals with diverse backgrounds, abilities, minds, and identities that will help us to grow, not only as a company, but also as individuals. Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Lime at a glance
Lime focuses on Mobile, Transportation, Sustainability, Recycling, and Urban Mobility. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Redwood City. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Lime has raised $477M of funding; their latest round was closed on July 2018 at a valuation of $1.1B.