Simple, accessible micromobility for all
Sr. Payroll Accountant
Lime is a smart-mobility provider that offers cities an array of mobility products including Lime-E e-assist bicycles and Lime-S electric scooters. Lime aims to revolutionize mobility in cities and campuses by empowering residents with cleaner, more efficient, and affordable transportation options that improve urban sustainability.
Based out of the regional office in Penang, we are looking for a Payroll Senior Accountant to be responsible for the full Payroll process across the assigned regions. Reporting to our Global Payroll Manager, you will be given the opportunity to support the development and growth of Lime across regions.
As we are growing extremely fast, we’re looking for a self-starter who is autonomous, hard-working and structured with excellent attention to detail. Flexibility is an important trait. You are comfortable with the unknown and ready to roll up your sleeves to see ideas, projects, and new initiatives through to the end.
What You'll Do:
- Receive new hires, resignation, salary changes, bonuses, One time payment (OTP) & employee data changes from HR (Workday) and submit to payroll service provider for monthly payroll processing.
- Managing payroll providers, ensure payrolls are computed accurately and compliance with local statutory regulations.
- Prepare payroll headcount recon.
- Prepare payment / fund transfer via online banking system.
- Submit funding / payment requests to Treasury / Finance.
- Prepare and submit payroll journal entries to the Finance team for month end activities.
- Prepare bonus & employees annual leave accrual journals for Finance team to post month end accrual entries.
- Receive stock options transactions details and prepare for tax reporting via payroll.
- Ensure accurate and timely filing of monthly, quarterly and annual statutory reports.
- Work closely with HR for employee queries
- Support payroll audits
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting and/or Business Administration
- 2-5 years relevant experience with progressing scope and responsibilities
- Has good understanding of accounting principles and application
- Must have prior experience working for an MNC
- Proficient with Excel and experience with Netsuite, Coupa and other cloud-based solutions is a plus
- Fluency in English, additional languages would be great
- You are a bold yet humble individual who can navigate across departments and functions
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, with a desire constantly grow and improve
- Ability to operate at Limespeed with a high-energy and passion and flexible to collaborate with our various legal entities across multiple time zones
- Relentlessly result-driven without taking shortcuts: integrity above everything
Lime at a glance
Lime focuses on Mobile, Transportation, Sustainability, Recycling, and Urban Mobility. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Redwood City. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Lime has raised $1.007B of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2020.