AI for Mental Health
Machine Learning Intern£20k – £30k
We're looking for a machine learning intern to join our team in London.
Limbic is building a scalable solution for mental health. There is currently no way to reliably track emotion. "If you can’t measure it, you can’t manage it".
We're growing quickly and we're backed by Europe's leading start-up accelerator, Entrepreneur First, and Google. We’ve also received investment from VC, Angels, and the European Commission.
It’s challenging. We’re ambitious. And we’re supporting one another to achieve our best and make real impact in the world.
What you will do:
- Perform an extensive literature review on the autonomic effectors of different emotional states. This will inform feature engineering for our models.
- Explore different machine learning approaches for the task of predicting human emotion from heartbeat data. This will direct our research efforts moving forward.
- Devise new signal processing methods to improve the performance of our existing AI. This will involve gathering data internally using fitness trackers and ECG devices.
- Liaise directly with the CEO and CTO
What you will bring:
- A masters or equivalent in a relevant field (Machine Learning, Applied Mathematics, Signal Processing, Computational Neuroscience etc.)
- Experience programming in Python.
- Enthusiasm and motivation to solve problems without explicit direction from senior team members.
- A professional and personable behaviour.
- General innovation. We care deeply about intellectual culture at Limbic. We all have the same goals, and we all get a say in how best to achieve these. Get creative!
You should apply if:
- You're excited by our vision at Limbic.
- You believe in the company and want to grow with us.
- You believe the mental health industry needs better data and CAN be disrupted.
- You can move fast and get stuff done. (You don’t just take ‘no’ for an answer).
- You’re ready to apply your data science skills to help Limbic navigate the healthcare landscape.
- You want to see your work being used in the real world, benefitting people’s lives.
- You want to make a name for yourself at the leading edge of AI.
Limbic is an equal opportunity employer and particularly encourages applications from women and minorities.
Limbic at a glance
Limbic focuses on Healthcare, Artificial Intelligence, and Mental Health. Their company has offices in London. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees.
You can view their website at https://limbic.ai