Senior Software Engineer, Frontend€65k – €90k • 0.1% – 0.4%
Lilt builds software that is revolutionizing the translation industry. Our product helps human-translators become much faster by using Machine Translation that is intelligently integrated into the translation workflow at every step. We make translators at least 3x more efficient in their jobs and they love working with our product:
“I was recently obliged to start using [Competitor Software], and I can’t tell you how infinitely superior the Lilt experience is! Viva Lilt!” - translator using Lilt.
Your job will be to accelerate this happiness even further! We’re one of the success stories for Artificial Intelligence making people’s daily lives much better, both in terms of the translators using our system and our customers who get translated content much faster and with higher accuracy. As a translation company, we work with a large diversity of languages and cultures.
The product itself is based on Machine Learning and Human-Computer Interaction research at Stanford and UC Berkeley and the company is backed by top-tier investors including Sequoia, Redpoint, Zetta, and XSeed Capital. Lilt is headquartered in San Francisco’s Design District and with a second office in Berlin. Both locations are growing rapidly.
About Engineering at Lilt
Lilt is a high-performance, large-scale language translation system. We invest in and prioritize workflow (i.e., usability and interface design) and backend AI systems. Since the translation workforce is distributed worldwide, there are interesting cloud engineering problems to solve. We have a strong preference for building our own backend technology, so you’ll be implementing and working with the latest natural language processing (NLP) techniques and ideas.
About the Job
You will help us improve our web applications by designing, developing and improving new and existing features. You will also fix existing and new issues to improve the product stability and user experience of our products.
* Develop our front-end web application client
* Help out with development on our REST API when needed
* Work in a product team consisting of front-end developers, full-stack engineers, and designers
* Consult with our customers on product definition and requirements
* 4+ years of professional software engineering experience with modern JS libraries, frameworks (ReactJS, Angular 2, Vue, …)
* Significant experience developing user-facing software in a production environment
* Required technical skills:
* React + redux (good)
* HTML5 + CSS/LESS/SCSS (good)
* Git (basic)
* AngularJS (basic)
* ExpressJS (basic)
* Node.js (basic)
* Comfortable working independently in a fast-moving team environment with some remote members.
* Training in or significant experience with: design thinking methodology, user-centered UX/UI design and development, lean UX, iterative product development
* Full-stack experience with node.js, redis, ES, MySQL highly valued
* Tooling experience (webpack, docker, babel etc) highly valued
* Significant experience with: Profiling and increasing performance of ReactJS components, modern rich-text-editor libraries/frameworks (Slate, Draft.js, Prosemirror, Quill)
* Speaks multiple languages (preferred: RTL/top-down-based languages, non-latin script based languages)
* Competitive salary and meaningful equity
* A competitive vacation policy
* A professional development budget for each employee
Lilt at a glance
Lilt focuses on Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Natural Language Processing, Software, and Translation. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Berlin. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Lilt has raised $37.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2020.