A complete, high-quality, and affordable solution for enterprise translation
Customer Success Engineer
Lilt builds software that is revolutionizing the translation industry. Our product helps human-translators become much faster by using Machine Translation that is intelligently integrated into the translation workflow at every step. We make translators at least 3x more efficient in their jobs and they love working with our product:
“I was recently obliged to start using [Competitor Software], and I can’t tell you how infinitely superior the Lilt experience is! Viva Lilt!” - translator using Lilt.
Your job will be to accelerate this happiness even further! We’re one of the success stories for Artificial Intelligence making people’s daily lives much better, both in terms of the translators using our system and our customers who get translated content much faster and with higher accuracy. As a translation company, we work with a large diversity of languages and cultures.
The product itself is based on Machine Learning and Human-Computer Interaction research at Stanford and UC Berkeley and the company is backed by top-tier investors including Sequoia, Redpoint, Zetta, and XSeed Capital. Lilt is headquartered in San Francisco’s Design District and with a second office in Berlin. Both locations are growing rapidly.
About the Job
As a support engineer, you'll be the primary point of contact for Lilt customers with technical questions. You'll lead customers to a solution with the help of your database and scripting abilities, positive attitude, and customer-facing communication skills.
In addition to solving customer issues, you'll also support three different internal teams at Lilt: sales, services, and engineering.
- Join the sales team on technical sales calls for our enterprise translation product
- Enable the services team by writing scripts to automate and optimize their workflow
- Work with the engineering team to resolve smaller code issues
It's a great opportunity to learn a technically complex, customer-oriented product from the inside-out. You can quantify how much you're improving the product, and every day brings new challenges!
We'll also help you grow your career into a more dedicated technical sales or engineering role, if you're interested.
- A Lilt translator can’t see the project titles for translations, because they don’t fit on her screen. Respond with customer empathy and coordinate a fix with the product team -- which won’t be instant.
- A customer reports the find & replace function has slowed down for them over the course of the past few weeks. Is this a bug? Is it customer-specific or app-wide? Dig into the customer’s translation volume using SQL and investigate the root cause with the engineering team.
- A translator in Asia reports that when translating Microsoft Excel files from English to Traditional Chinese, a Unicode non-printing space is inserted between characters before file export. Find out if the machine translation engine is to blame using a self-generated test set -- or if it could be user error.
- Excellent spoken and written English
- High language consciousness and an eye for detail; multilingualism is a great asset
- SQL querying and debugging skills
- The ability to debug and solve technical issues with customers, and escalate appropriately to the engineering team
- Excellent time-management skills and the ability to efficiently prioritize tasks of varying importance
- A customer-facing personality, embodying patience, empathy, and collaborative communication
Lilt at a glance
Lilt focuses on Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Natural Language Processing, Software, and Translation. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Berlin. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Lilt has raised $37.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2020.