A complete, high-quality, and affordable solution for enterprise translation
Account Executive$90k – $135k • 0.1% – 0.2%
Lilt builds intelligent software to automate language translation. Our mission is to realize universal information access so that all people, irrespective of their native language, can learn and grow. The product is based on NLP and HCI research at Stanford and UC Berkeley.
Lilt is based in San Francisco with a growing office in Berlin. We’re backed by Sequoia, Redpoint, Zetta, and XSeed Capital. Lilt serves Fortune 500 and fast-growing, innovative global organizations across a wide variety of industries.
Our team values humility, grit, and professional excellence.
About the Role
As a Senior Account Executive at Lilt, you will use your enterprise and consultative selling skills to build long-standing relationships with prospective customers and decision makers ranging from Localization Directors to International Growth and AI Technical Leaders. You will generate business by selling our platform into new accounts and then expanding within those accounts. Our ideal candidate is a results-oriented, performance-driven individual who enjoys working as part of a fast-paced environment and team.
Be part of our engine of growth. We are growing at a fast pace, and you will be a key element by over-achieving against your quarterly quota. In the first three months, you will learn the product, messaging, and sales process. By the third month, you will be fully ramped and hitting your quota. By month six, you will be over achieving on your quota. To do that, you will need to dig deeply into customers' business requirements and share exactly how we can help each customer supercharge their translations with Lilt.
A successful Sales Executive at Lilt exhibits the following traits:
* Proven track record of over achieving quota through new logo acquisition
* Genuine curiosity about our customer - what are they trying to accomplish? What is preventing them from doing so?
* Intrinsic drive to be successful. We are a fast-growing company, and need people who will take initiative to “figure it out” and take ownership to be successful in the role.
* Technical expertise to be able to demonstrate the product and explain the platform’s benefits to non-technical audiences. Our product is incredibly technical and represents a paradigm shift in the industry, so we need to be able to effectively describe the product in a way that excites teams and helps them recognize its value.
* Clear, succinct communicator. The best technical sales people communicate points clearly and succinctly, with an economy of words. They focus on using the vocabulary of their customer to help that prospect envision using and getting value from the product.
* Team-oriented, collaborative nature: We’re a small, fast-growing team. Everyone needs to pull for each other, share best practices, and take on team projects to make the entire organization better.
Skills and Experience Needed:
* Minimum of 2-4 years of proven experience selling enterprise SaaS solutions
* Consistently exceeded $1M annual quotas
* Track record of over-achieving your sales quota (top 10-20% of company)
* Have technical expertise to be able to demonstrate our service and explain the benefits
* Have experience with in-person meetings as well as web-based demos
* Experience selling into accounts with a 60-90+ day sales cycle
* Skilled at negotiating business terms with line-of-business, procurement and contract teams, senior management and/or C-level executives
* Proven ability in managing complex, enterprise sales cycles from start to finish, from business champion to the C-level decision makers, and with a track record of successful revenue attainment.
* Experience working in a high growth startup environment
* Competitive salary and meaningful equity
* Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
* 401k, with company matching
* A professional development budget for each employee
* Catered lunch once a week and in-office snacks
Lilt at a glance
Lilt focuses on Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Natural Language Processing, Software, and Translation. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Berlin. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Lilt has raised $37.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2020.