Senior Software Engineer, Site Reliability€65k – €95k • 0.1% – 0.4%
Lilt builds software that is revolutionizing the translation industry. Our product helps human-translators become much faster by using Machine Translation that is intelligently integrated into the translation workflow at every step. We make translators at least 3x more efficient in their jobs and they love working with our product:
“I was recently obliged to start using [Competitor Software], and I can’t tell you how infinitely superior the Lilt experience is! Viva Lilt!” - translator using Lilt.
Your job will be to accelerate this happiness even further! We’re one of the success stories for Artificial Intelligence making people’s daily lives much better, both in terms of the translators using our system and our customers who get translated content much faster and with higher accuracy. As a translation company, we work with a large diversity of languages and cultures.
The product itself is based on Machine Learning and Human-Computer Interaction research at Stanford and UC Berkeley and the company is backed by top-tier investors including Sequoia, Redpoint, Zetta, and XSeed Capital. Lilt is headquartered in San Francisco’s Design District and with a second office in Berlin. Both locations are growing rapidly.
About Engineering at Lilt
Lilt is a high-performance, large-scale language translation system. We invest in and prioritize both workflow (i.e., usability and interface design) and backend NLP/AI systems. Since the translation workforce is distributed worldwide, there are interesting multi-region cloud engineering problems to solve. We have a strong preference for building our own AI technology, so you’ll be implementing and working with the latest techniques and ideas.
About the Job
Lilt is seeking a world-class site reliability engineer to build highly reliable software systems at Lilt. Your job will be to apply your software talents to our infrastructure and operations needs, including bare-metal Linux deployments and commercial deployments in GCP and AWS. Our system requires low latency worldwide, so you’ll continuously improve our multi-region configuration, and help us expand into new regions. You will collaborate with the rest of the engineering team to support new and on-going products.
* Automate the installation and update process of a complex, resource-intensive (+GPUs) Kubernetes system
* Manage and deploy external and internal cloud systems in GCP and AWS
* Build dashboards and track metrics for the production systems
* Prevent and monitor security vulnerabilities
* Introduce and adhere to the best infosec, devops and site reliability best practices
* 3+ years experience managing a production software deployment in either AWS or GCP
* Expert in Linux administration
* Technical skills: Kubernetes, Docker, Helm, MySQL
* Working knowledge of Python
* Proficiency in Java highly valued
* Competitive salary and vacation package
* Flexible working hours
* Equity offered
* Twice-yearly retreats in the EU and the USA with the whole team
* Self-education budget
Lilt at a glance
Lilt focuses on Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Natural Language Processing, Software, and Translation. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Berlin. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Lilt has raised $37.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2020.