A complete, high-quality, and affordable solution for enterprise translation
Senior Software Engineer, Backend$130k – $170k • 0.1% – 0.4%
Lilt builds intelligent software to automate language translation. Our mission is to realize universal information access so that all people, irrespective of their native language, can learn and grow. The product is based on NLP and HCI research at Stanford and UC Berkeley.
Lilt is based in San Francisco with a growing office in Berlin. We’re backed by Sequoia, Redpoint, Zetta, and XSeed Capital. Lilt serves Fortune 500 and fast-growing, innovative global organizations across a wide variety of industries.
Our team values humility, grit, and professional excellence.
About Engineering at Lilt
Lilt is a high-performance, large-scale language translation system. We invest in and prioritize workflow (i.e., usability and interface design) and backend AI systems. Since the translation workforce is distributed worldwide, there are interesting cloud engineering problems to solve. We have a strong preference for building our own backend technology, so you’ll be implementing and working with the latest natural language processing (NLP) techniques and ideas.
About the Job
Develop our back-end services, which perform large- and small-scale data processing tasks including parsing, translation memory and terminological services, and other linguistic tasks.
* B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
* Significant experience developing software in a production environment
* Required technical skills: Java, SQL
* Comfortable working independently in a fast-moving team environment with some remote members.
* Full-stack experience with Node.js and MySQL highly valued
* Experience working with Kubernetes highly-valued
* Experience working with Google Cloud Platform highly-valued
* Experience working in Python valued
* Competitive salary and meaningful equity
* A competitive vacation policy
* A professional development budget for each employee
Lilt at a glance
Lilt focuses on Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Natural Language Processing, Software, and Translation. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Berlin. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Lilt has raised $37.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2020.