Senior Research Scientist€65k – €95k • 0.1% – 0.4%
Lilt builds software that is revolutionizing the translation industry. Our product helps human-translators become much faster by using Machine Translation that is intelligently integrated into the translation workflow at every step. We make translators at least 3x more efficient in their jobs and they love working with our product:
“I was recently obliged to start using [Competitor Software], and I can’t tell you how infinitely superior the Lilt experience is! Viva Lilt!” - translator using Lilt.
Your job will be to accelerate this happiness even further! We’re one of the success stories for Artificial Intelligence making people’s daily lives much better, both in terms of the translators using our system and our customers who get translated content much faster and with higher accuracy. As a translation company, we work with a large diversity of languages and cultures.
The product itself is based on Machine Learning and Human-Computer Interaction research at Stanford and UC Berkeley and the company is backed by top-tier investors including Sequoia, Redpoint, Zetta, and XSeed Capital. Lilt is headquartered in San Francisco’s Design District and with a second office in Berlin. Both locations are growing rapidly.
About Research at Lilt
Lilt was founded by researchers from Stanford and Google, and the founding team consists of four computational linguists. We encourage publication and the free exchange of ideas. Current research interests are machine translation, domain adaptation techniques, and computational morphology. We have a strong preference for researchers who are also strong engineers and enjoy putting their ideas into practice.
* M.S. (Ph.D. preferred) in Computer Science, Statistics, or Computational Math
* Established research experience and publication record in machine learning, machine translation, human-computer interaction, or natural language processing.
* Enthusiasm for research projects that lead directly to product impact.
* Experience collaborating with other researchers on large-scale machine learning systems.
* Competitive salary and meaningful equity
* Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
* 401k, with company matching
* A professional development budget for each employee
* Catered lunch once a week and in-office snacks
Lilt at a glance
Lilt focuses on Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Natural Language Processing, Software, and Translation. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Berlin. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Lilt has raised $37.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2020.