Developing an on-demand air taxi service powered by an all-electric Lilium Jet
Aircraft Cyber Security Engineer
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary, yet with a meaningful purpose. We take pride in pushing the very boundaries of technology and customer experience to deliver something that has never been done before.
What we do here is hard, but then very few things worth achieving are easy. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with our world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 400 leaders, experts and engineers who are as passionate about emissions-free transportation as you are.
We are also passionate about creating an inclusive culture, with more than 40 nationalities working with us to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your role and your team:
As Aircraft Cyber Security Engineer you are responsible to oversee the security assurance activities within the aircraft program on system level. You will report directly to the Head of Software Engineering and you will work on airborne systems for the next-generation aircraft.
Whether you are working on the definition of systems and related technology solutions, software and hardware development, system integration or our co-ordination with regulatory partners, manufacturers and suppliers, you’ll have the chance to play a fundamental role in supporting full product lifecycle, from conceptual design and requirement definition to production transition.
This is a key role to collaborate with multi disciplinary project teams to meet customer's needs and improve the overall security architecture. You will also have the chance to play an active role in defining and tuning the Cyber Security Engineering processes and tools.
Your Day to Day:
- Security Assurance activities for systems on the aircraft, including security risk assessments and system security architecture definition
- Co-operate with safety, hardware/software, and system engineering teams
- Develop and maintain security development standards for new generation airborne systems
- Provide awareness and training to system engineering teams within the company
- Ensure that security requirements and controls are communicated to suppliers
- Document work according to internal processes to support the certification activities
- Master’s in Computer Science, Embedded System Design, or IT Security
- At least 5 years experience in functional safety systems / security engineering
- Applied knowledge of Threat Modeling techniques
- Working knowledge of at least one of the following security standards/guidelines (DO-326A/ED-202A, ISO 27000, SAE J3061, ISA/IEC 62443)
- Solid understanding of aeronautical networking and communication protocols
- Target oriented, driven workstyle in analytic problem-solving skills required
- Preferably a security certification in, e.g., OSCP, CEH, CISSP, ECSA, or related
- Fluent English language skills are essential, Fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
Life at Lilium:
At Lilium, you’ll have the responsibility and freedom to act as an entrepreneur. You’ll be working with bright and driven colleagues from different industries, countries and backgrounds who are all united in one common goal, challenging and supporting each other to make Lilium successful.
As well as free language courses, weekly yoga sessions, two complimentary meals each day and unlimited snacks and drinks, we also have an in-house gym and a relaxation room. By pairing that with a free shuttle bus to and from our local train station, as well as bikes you can borrow to cycle around our campus, we aim to make it as easy as possible to travel here, while reducing our own carbon footprint. We also have a rooftop terrace where you can watch planes taking off all day long!
In order to build a world-class team, we welcome people from all over the world. We’ll support you on every step of your journey, offering a relocation allowance and documentation for visa application.
*Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. *
We know the importance of a balanced diet and want to help our employees stay healthy. That’s why our cafeteria provides a daily menu with vegetarian, meat and vegan options as well as fresh fruit and beverages available all day long.
Gym onsite, plus bikes you can borrow to cycle round our campus
Ample parking and free transport links to local stations
Shared working spaces, a 'mingle room' complete with sofas and hammocks, and a rooftop terrace where you can watch jets taking off all day long, against the backdrop of the Alps
Lilium at a glance
Lilium focuses on Automotive, Transportation, Aerospace, Technology, and Fleet Management. Their company has offices in Munich and Welling. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Lilium has raised $341.4M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2020.