Lightstep delivers unified observability with visibility across multi-layered architecture
Dir. of Product Management
Does it keep you up at night knowing that developers are spending a growing fraction of their time trying to figure out what their systems are doing in production with little to no help from the Observability tools in the market? It should because ~15% of the people on an average engineering team spend their waking hours frustrated by what is going on in production instead of building value for their customers. At the very least this is a major loss of engineering horsepower and at worst this is a reason for engineers to search out other opportunities.
Here at Lightstep our mission is to make Observability for complex system simple. Our vision is to become the best root cause analysis engine that answers the critical question of “What caused the change?” in the complex systems that developers are spending their precious time building and managing. By coming to Lightstep you will work with a stellar team that is building game-changing products that change the way developers work.
As the Director of Product Management at Lightstep, you will be leading a stellar team of product managers to build the next generation Observability platform in close partnership with a world-class group of engineers, product designers, and our Go To Market (GTM) teams.
As the Director Of Product Management, you will:
- Be responsible for the Strategic Product roadmap: Define an overall product roadmap informed by customer and market insights, data analysis, competitive landscape, and company vision. Work with the PMs to build their roadmaps aligned with the product strategy.
- Be responsible for Product positioning and pricing: Competitive and user research for pricing, working with GTM and Partnerships
- Lead by Influence: Use this strategy to align and partner with cross-functional leaders. Establish credibility and strong working relationships with senior leaders. Lead internal product promotion, education, and support.
- Search out Customer interactions: Proactively work with prospects and customers to learn about the problems they are trying to solve, build great relationships, and inform product direction.
- Be a coach to the PMs: Mentor and develop PMs by understanding their career goals and providing opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- Be accountable for our Product outcomes: Define business metrics to define success and build a culture focused on outcomes.
We think you’d love it here if you:
- Are driven by the business impact of your work and building products customers love
- Are excited to work directly with customers to understand their needs
- Enjoy turning complex customer needs into pragmatic product solutions
- Thrive with a fast, iterative product development cycle
- Enjoy working cross-functionally with Engineering, Marketing and Customer Success
Lightstep is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Health care plan
Parental leave policy
Reading club, running club, happy hours, movie nights, "Ladies of LightStep" gatherings
People-first position in decision-making
LightStep at a glance
LightStep focuses on Internet, Enterprise Software, Software, Developer Tools, and Application Performance Monitoring. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, LightStep has raised $70M of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2018.