Lightstep delivers unified observability with visibility across multi-layered architecture
Technical Account Manager - East Coast
Lightstep enables teams to detect and resolve regressions quickly, regardless of system scale or complexity. We integrate seamlessly into daily workflows, whether you are proactively optimizing performance or investigating a root cause so you can quickly get back to building features. We continue to grow our talented, low-ego, team! We believe that we should always align our actions toward a common purpose, that trust is paramount and must be cultivated, that the most valuable team members multiply rather than add, and that we shouldn’t take ourselves too seriously (except when we’re writing way-too-long sentences about our values). We believe that assembling and retaining an inclusive and diverse team is the best way to grow a successful company.
We created Lightstep because we understand the massive architectural transformation underway in the software industry, and we saw an opportunity to accelerate it, all while improving the quality of the developer and end-user experience. While we learned a great deal from our experiences building Dapper (Google’s distributed tracing solution) and Monarch (Google’s high-availability metrics solution), Lightstep is in many ways a reaction to and a generational improvement beyond those approaches. Our story as individuals and as a company revolves around continuous learning, careful listening, and the belief that these fundamentally new software architectures require fundamentally new solutions.
We view Customer Success as one of the core components of our team and business. Ensuring that we are providing a high-quality, proactive, and consultative experience to our customers is critical and allows us to innovate quickly and effectively alongside our customers as we build long lasting relationships with them. As a Technical Account Manager, you will sit at the center of our business and own the communication, interaction, and overall business relationship between Lightstep and our customers. You will partner with our customer’s Engineering, DevOps, Site Reliability, and Platform teams to drive real-time transparency, accountability, and best practices in monitoring and alerting that will enable our customers to increase the speed and quality at which they develop their own software and products.
You’d be a great addition if…
- You have a passion for technology, innovation, and business
- You draw energy from building strong relationships with customers and enjoying interacting with them on a technical, educational, social, and business level
- You are excited to be a core founding member of a Customer Success team within a company that highly values the role that Customer Success plays in any SaaS business
- You have an inherent drive to constantly learn and challenge yourself to reach your own personal and professional goals
- Ability to navigate and foster collaborative interactions across multiple internal departments including Product, Product Marketing, Sales Operations, Client Operations, and Analytics
Bonus points if…
- A background in Application Performance Management (APM), log monitoring, or software development and analytics
- You are an entrepreneur at heart and would enjoy being a foundational member of our team, directly contributing to the growth of our team, business, and culture
- You have experience with microservices and/or distributed systems
Lightstep is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Health care plan
Parental leave policy
Reading club, running club, happy hours, movie nights, "Ladies of LightStep" gatherings
People-first position in decision-making
LightStep at a glance
LightStep focuses on Internet, Enterprise Software, Software, Developer Tools, and Application Performance Monitoring. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, LightStep has raised $70M of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2018.