Lightstep delivers unified observability with visibility across multi-layered architecture
Lightstep enables teams to detect and resolve regressions quickly, regardless of system scale or complexity. We integrate seamlessly into daily workflows, whether you are proactively optimizing performance or investigating a root cause so you can quickly get back to building features. We continue to grow our talented, low-ego, team! We believe that we should always align our actions toward a common purpose, that trust is paramount and must be cultivated, that the most valuable team members multiply rather than add, and that we shouldn’t take ourselves too seriously (except when we’re writing way-too-long sentences about our values). We believe that assembling and retaining an inclusive and diverse team is the best way to grow a successful company.
As a Software Engineer on the Partnerships team, your job will be to ensure Lightstep integrates seamlessly into a developer ecosystem that’s filled with many exciting, complementary products and tools. As a member of the Partnership team, you’ll talk to technology partners and customers to identify and understand common developer use cases across products. You will be the technical expert on how to utilize Lightstep’s SDK and APIs to complement those products in the distributed systems world. Through your work, Lightstep and our technology partners will deliver innovative solutions to the market. And our shared customers will benefit, helping them to build better software. You’ll be part of an exciting new team within Lightstep and your work will become the technology backbone of the Lightstep Partnership Program.
You’d be a great addition if…
- You’re excited about developer workflows and use cases in modern distributed systems from deployments to on-call to security — and how to make them better!
You’ve had experience in customer-facing roles that show strong understanding and prioritization of customer needs (whether it’s Sales Engineering, Solutions Engineering, Product Management, or another customer-centric role)
- You enjoy writing code to directly solve customer problems
- You see opportunities in designing solutions built with 3rd party products. And can creatively address barriers when working with code you can't control.
- You’ve worked with platform and product APIs before and can speak to what you accomplished
- You’re passionate about developing your soft skills as much as your technical skills
- You see yourself as the bootstrap type and are excited to be part of a new program within the context of an exciting startup
- You’re reliable, trustworthy, but also not afraid to make small mistakes as you work to build something great
- You care about the success of your teammates and are energized by opportunities to amplify the work of those around you.
- You have a pragmatic and flexible approach to problem solving because you understand that in a microservice / API world you cannot control for all outcomes.
Bonus points if...
- You have prior experience with logging, metrics, or distributed tracing technologies / products
- You can speak to the customer problems you’ve solved with integrations, add-ons, or plug-ins you’ve built using third-party APIs or SDKs
- You have worked within the context of a full end-to-end DevOps workflow before and know the complex software development challenges there
- You thrive in a hybrid role that requires a host of cross-disciplinary skills
Your first couple months might include...
- Joining calls or going on-site with customers and prospects to understand their uses case and how they want their products to work together
- Collaborating with Customer Success and Sales teams on common requests that could help Lightstep fit more naturally into the distributed system ecosystem
- Speaking to potential technology partners to find opportunities to amplify the value of their products with Lightep
- SDKs and APIs to create integrations that deliver on meaningful problems for customers
- Meeting with people across Lightstep departments to ensure the integrations we write tell a strong marketing story, increase the value of the product, and deliver value our sales team will be thrilled to tell prospects about
Lightstep is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Health care plan
Parental leave policy
Reading club, running club, happy hours, movie nights, "Ladies of LightStep" gatherings
People-first position in decision-making
LightStep at a glance
LightStep focuses on Internet, Enterprise Software, Software, Developer Tools, and Application Performance Monitoring. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, LightStep has raised $70M of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2018.