Personalized beverages, wherever life takes you
Every great idea begins with a problem. Ours began with a struggle to get what our bodies wanted, when we wanted it. We've been fortunate that life has taken us many places; remote descents in the backcountry, last-minute goals on the pitch, dusty roads in rural Africa, and boardrooms around the world, but access to hydration and healthy nutrition has always been a challenge. That’s why we banded together to create LifeFuels, to give our bodies what they need via great-tasting, personalized functional beverages, without compromising our lifestyles. The journey hasn’t been easy (electronics and water aren’t the best of friends), but through vigorously detailed engineering and meticulous attention to design, we’ve built a product we truly love. We’re thrilled for you to join us on this adventure, and to welcome you to the LifeFuels family.
We are looking for a Back-End Developer who is on the hunt for a new challenge; helping us build out our data platform. The LifeFuels data platform serves as the back-end for our mobile app, provides custom analytics to a range of users and streamlines our supply chain for our hardware and beverage products. Needless to say; you will be playing a critical role in our product launch, and will be joining a passionate team. The position is a full-time (40 hours plus per week).
We are looking for candidates with at least 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience. Applicants who have worked in consumer goods/electronics, especially at early-stage companies, are preferred. But above all we are looking for committed team players, who thrive in collaborative and challenging environments.
Specific Skills/Experience Include:
* This isn’t your first rodeo in backend development
* You have built and scaled a connected-device backend system before
* API integrations don’t faze you
* You work well in small agile cross-functional teams
* You take pride in doing quality work
* Building technology that changes lives matters to you
Strongest Candidates are those who:
* Have prior experience working with Connected Devices & IOT
* Have helped bring new products to market
* Have a good understanding of the wearables/health/fitness space
* Are passionate about our mission: helping people feel their best from the inside out
We truly believe that where you work matters and we want happy employees. So join us on our mission – helping people feel their best from the inside out. At work, we foster creativity and self-reliance. Everyone is challenged and has the authority to control their own workload and implementation.
* Competitive salary
* 15 days of Paid Time Off
* 10 Federal Holidays
* Generous insurance coverage- medical, dental and vision
* Generously subsidized memberships to LifeTime Athletic with world class facilities
* Open plan office space
* Flexible hours, and occasional remote work options
* Eligible for Employee stock options
* Fun, collaborative culture with lots of employee activitie
LifeFuels at a glance
LifeFuels focuses on Hardware, Food and Beverages, Personal Health, and Health and Wellness. Their company has offices in Reston. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, LifeFuels has raised $5M of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2017.