Personalized beverages, wherever life takes you
Every great idea begins with a problem. Ours began with a struggle to get what our bodies wanted, when we wanted it. We've been fortunate that life has taken us many places; remote descents in the backcountry, last-minute goals on the pitch, dusty roads in rural Africa, and boardrooms around the world, but access to hydration and healthy nutrition has always been a challenge. That’s why we banded together to create LifeFuels, to give our bodies what they need via great-tasting, personalized functional beverages, without compromising our lifestyles. The journey hasn’t been easy (electronics and water aren’t always the best of friends), but through vigorously detailed engineering and meticulous attention to design, we’ve built a product we truly love. We’re thrilled for you to join us on this adventure, and to welcome you to the LifeFuels family.
What you'll do:
We are looking for a mechanical engineer who loves tinkering, diving headfirst into new challenges, and testing new products. The position is full-time (40 hours plus per week), and is a unique opportunity to help launch a consumer electronics product.
We are looking for candidates with at least 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience, with a proven record of helping take complex projects across the finish line. Applicants who have worked in consumer goods/electronics, especially at early-stage companies, are preferred. But above all we are looking for committed team players, who thrive in collaborative and challenging environments.
* Mastery of mechanical fundamentals
* 3D CAD (SolidWorks, Inventor, Fusion 360, Creo)
* Electromechanical, pneumatic, and fluid control systems
* Rapid prototyping
* Industrial design
* Manufacturing processes
* Plastic molding and tooling
* Machining processes
* Welding, adhesive, and fastening operations
* Willingness to work in a dynamic environment
Strongest Candidates are those who:
* Have prior experience working closely with software and electrical engineering
* Have helped bring new products to market
* Have a good understanding of the wearables/health/fitness space
* Are passionate about our mission: helping people feel their best from the inside out
We truly believe that where you work matters and we want happy employees. So join us on our mission – helping people feel their best from the inside out. At work, we foster creativity and self-reliance. Everyone is challenged and has the authority to control their own workload and implementation.
* Competitive salary
* 15 days of Paid Time Off
* 10 Federal Holidays
* Generous insurance coverage- medical, dental and vision
* Generously subsidized memberships to LifeTime Athletic with world class facilities
* Open plan office space
* Flexible hours, and occasional remote work options
* Eligible for Employee stock options
* Fun, collaborative culture with lots of employee activities
LifeFuels at a glance
LifeFuels focuses on Hardware, Food and Beverages, Personal Health, and Health and Wellness. Their company has offices in Reston. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, LifeFuels has raised $5M of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2017.