We carve our own path. So can you
Senior Account Manager£50k – £80k
At Lifebit, we carve our own path. So can you.
We're open source pioneers, innovators changing the world. Our driving mission: to revolutionise bioinformatics and biomedical data analysis forever.
Our product, Lifebit CloudOS, is the world’s first federated genomics platform for unified, secure research over distributed big data. No one on the planet has anything close. Think best-in-class UI/UX, seamless integration with open-source tools, powerful cohort browser, advanced AI. We’re leading the industry and leaving competitors in the dust. We intend to keep it that way.
Because while we know our technology is unmatched, we also know we can keep making it greater. That’s why we need more superstars like you - to help take us to incredible new heights. (Plus, we’ve got some really big plans afoot...)
If you like how we sound and you share our commitment to open source, bioinformatics, big data, Machine Learning, and AI we want to hear from you today
As a Senior Account Manager in our team, you will:
- Create and drive opportunities with pharma and biotech companies as well as population genomics projects
- Be responsible for closing enterprise contracts, fulfilling a quarterly billings quota
- Project-manage and leverage relevant Lifebit bioinformatics solutions architects, engineers and lawyers to create solutions and commercial proposals and take ultimate ownership for the overall sales process all the way to close
- Play an active and key role in the overall business development of the firm
- Manage and develop more junior sales team members
- Line manage our SDR team
We are looking for experienced life sciences sales people to join our team today. Please view these role requirements as just an indication of what we’re looking for - sometimes the perfect candidate is far more or less experienced than we anticipated. If you think that might be your case, please reach out and let us know!
Hopefully, you’ll have some or all of the following:
- Bachelor (minimum) / Master (preferred) / PhD (ideal) degree in business, technical and/or life science degree or a degree in another discipline with a high technical understanding
- 5+ years of successful sales experience with a verifiable track record of quota attainment selling enterprise software solutions
- 2+ years of experience in Life Sciences (pharma, genomics biotech)
- Ability to rapidly learn about complex technology solutions and relay them to clients
- Ability to rapidly acquire domain expertise in a new or adjacent field
A demonstrable track record of developing deep strategic relationships with large, complex process based organisations
Strong communication skills, both oral and written, with attention to detail
A “What-ever-it-takes” mentality
A "Team Player" attitude, with excellent organisational skills and proven ability to leverage internal resources.
Experience working with CRM systems
The following would be an added bonus (not requirements)
- Previous sales experience with an orientation towards a scientific or engineering based solution
- Extensive contact list of decision makers and key users within the genomics sector
What we offer in return:
- Competitive salary and generous stock options
- 25 days of annual leave plus the usual public holidays
- Monthly team activities
- Conferences, events and training resources (Data science, AI, cloud, any tech stack, painting, origami, you pick!) - we offer £1,000 a year to each person for personal development)
- International and diverse team
Lifebit is on the cutting edge of the biotechnology revolution. In April 2020 we closed our Series A funding round with tremendous support from new and existing investors. Based in London, UK, Lifebit is a diverse team spanning Europe and North America, with each person empowered and involved in every aspect of the business.
“Best open source tech stack you’ll find! We’re collaborating every day with the most pioneering organisations on the planet, the smartest people who are leading and redefining bioinformatics. I could not imagine being anywhere else.”
~Dr. Claire-Alix Zapata, Head of Scientific Content, Lifebit
“Our leadership team lives and breathes our mission. Nowhere else can you be part of the decision making process on DAY ONE. Extreme ownership!”
~ Filippo Abbondanza, Bioinformatic Solution Architect, Lifebit
Here’s your chance to lead, to design, to own. To create.
Get in touch today
Please note - Keeping safe and healthy in the workplace is important at any time, but even more so in times like these. Therefore due to Covid-19 all staff members are now working remotely until further notice. Our hiring process is no exception - to protect you, our hiring team and others around, we will be arranging remote interviews with the successful candidates
Lifebit at a glance
Lifebit focuses on Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, Software, and Genomics. Their company has offices in London. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Lifebit has raised $10.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2020.