We create intelligent software that saves lives
Data Scientist$130k – $160k • 0.3% – 0.7%
United States (Remote OK) / Data Science / Full-Time
As a Data Scientist at LifeBell AI, you’ll be responsible for developing and validating novel machine learning approaches for early prediction of sepsis and other clinical conditions. You'll work closely with our CTO, CSO, data science core, and engineering teams. You’ll join a tight-knit group that values collaboration, continuous improvement, and solving challenging technical and product problems in an emerging space. Plus, we like to have fun along the way.
LifeBell AI creates intelligent software that saves lives by harnessing the latest advances in machine learning, analytics, and sensor technologies across healthcare. We’re a fast-growing, fully funded, Atlanta-based technology startup, with both local and remote employees.
Join us as a data scientist in our mission to reduce morbidity and mortality from sepsis, a life-threatening condition that affects over 48 million people globally each year. Partners include top governmental, healthcare, and academic institutions.
LifeBell AI is founded and led by Erez Goren and Gari Clifford, PhD. Erez was previously the founder & CEO of Radiant Systems (NASDAQ: RADS, acquired by NCR for $1.2B), BlueCube Software (acquired by RedPrairie), and Hi-Rez Studios (70M+ players worldwide). Gari is the Chair and Professor of Biomedical Informatics at Emory University, and a Professor of Biomedical Engineering at Georgia Tech. Gari was previously an Associate Professor at the University of Oxford and a Principal Research Scientist at MIT where he commercialized multiple biomedical innovations, and managed a project to collect and analyse the world's largest public database of hospital data.
What You’ll Do
- Ask questions, connect the dots, and uncover opportunities to improve healthcare
- Work on multiple initiatives to create and improve LifeBell AI’s models and analytics
- Work across the entire machine learning pipeline, including data exploration, feature engineering, model training, deployment, monitoring, and calibration/retraining
What We’re Looking For
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, or a related technical field
- 3+ years of professional experience applying machine learning to real-world problems
- Someone who has put models into production and monitored their effectiveness
- Team player, who can work and communicate effectively with others
- Self-motivated, with a genuine interest in the problems you’ll be solving
- Domain knowledge in biomedical informatics, healthcare, or a related field
- Prior publication of high quality peer-reviewed research articles
- Ability to work in Atlanta, GA (however, remote-work from anywhere in US is OK)
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary with health, dental and vision insurance
- Generous vacation, sick day, holiday, and leave policies
- Equity incentive plan and 401K matching
- Great office transit access, parking, and amenities
- Gym membership, snacks & drinks, and a casual dress style
- Opportunity for meaningful impact in a team-based environment
- Remote-friendly culture with daily stand-ups, virtual lunches, and a video-first attitude
- Self-funded, stable technology startup with an approachable leadership team
- Work-life balance and team-activities
Core Values at LifeBell AI
- Save Lives: Improving patient health outcomes is our north star
- Innovate: Our goal is to create industry defining moments, through technology & science
- Be Human: We treat ourselves, and each other, with respect & understanding
- Aim for Excellence: We push ourselves, and each other, to improve every day
- Less is Better: Focus and simplicity matter - we aim to do a few things exceptionally well
- Get it Done: Actions speak louder than words, and execution is key
Come As You Are: We aim to build an inclusive workforce. If you’re passionate about this role, but do not meet all of the qualifications listed above, we still encourage you to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship, color, ethnicity, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or invisible disability status, political affiliation, veteran status, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
Remote Work: We are open to hiring remotely from anywhere in the United States. We know great talent is everywhere, and want to build the best team we can. You do not need to relocate to Atlanta GA for this role, although it’s our preference when possible. We do have periodic company retreats and team-events that include remote employees, which may involve occasional travel. These events are intended for your benefit, as an opportunity to connect more deeply with others.
COVID-19: LifeBell AI is committed to hiring during the pandemic, with all interviewing and onboarding done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team, along with our current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our office. In the meantime, we’ve implemented various practices to make remote working as enjoyable and practical as possible.
Posting: If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit unsolicited resumes to our team unless we have a prior agreement. LifeBell is not liable for and will not pay for any placement fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Thank you.
Medical, dental, vision
We offer Medical, Dental, Vision and a variety of other healthcare options to our employees. We’ve got you covered.
We help you prepare for your future. We offer generous matching, and a variety of low-fee investment options.
Paid maternity leave
We support FMLA and associated policies
Equity incentive program
Because as the company becomes more valuable, you deserve to share in its success too.
We know remote
Remote is totally normal for us! We're very experienced with it.
Generous pto (paid time off)
Sometimes, people need a break. That’s why we offer a variety of ways to take off the time you need.
During the pandemic, we’ve made time to eat together remotely at least once or twice a week. Plus, we still reimburse your food cost.
Gym membership & snacks
Health is important to us. It can also be fun, join for pickup basketball sometime! And yes, we have snacks.
Easy transit access
We love Atlanta, but sometimes the traffic is frustrating. Our central location and parking make it a bit better (if you work on-site).
We pay at or above-market rates, based on comparable information for each role.
LifeBell AI at a glance
LifeBell AI focuses on Biotechnology, Healthcare, Machine Learning, Health Care Information Technology, and Bioinformatics. Their company has offices in Atlanta and United States. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.