Banking that has your back
Data Analyst, Support Experience$140k – $170k • 0.002% – 0.004%
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing player in the challenger-banking space, providing mobile and online banking technology in the U.S. on behalf of partner banks and facilitating over 10M accounts with no physical branches. We’re a technology company relentlessly focused on helping our members achieve financial peace of mind. That’s why we offer access to an award-winning bank account that doesn’t charge a ton of traditional bank fees, can give members early access to their paychecks, and enables members to grow their savings automatically. And we’re just getting started. We are proud of our mission, devoted to our members, and passionate about applying technology to the challenge of making financial health a reality for everyone.
We have one of the most experienced management teams in Fintech and have raised over $800M in funding from DST, General Atlantic, Iconiq, Coatue, Dragoneer, Menlo, Access, Forerunner, and others. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you.
About This Role
In this high impact Data Analyst role, you will have the opportunity to relentlessly leverage data science, analytics and experimentation to build and improve our AI assistant and automated member support experiences. Your expertise and analysis will help drive the first contact our members have with Chime. As a Data Analyst, you will own the analytical lifecycle and optimization of the automated experiences while working with the latest in chatbot technology to make our members fully self service.
- Foster a data-driven, test-and-learn culture with your passion for telling stories with data and surfacing insights through exploratory analytics, experimentation, in-depth research into the user journey / customer funnel, and data science.
- Influence change by presenting product insights and recommendations to a variety of levels within the organization, including executives.
- Identify what KPIs, data, features and events will evidence whether success has been achieved, where it has been achieved, and why.
- Lead experimentation optimization by providing guidance on the experiments that should be run, how they should be run (what sample size and sample populations should be included), what events and properties should be tracked, and how to analyze results to understand attribution, causation, and incremental lift.
- Partner with Product Managers to align your work to business needs, collaborate with Data Engineers to optimize data (structure, accuracy and completeness), and team within the Analytic org to generate ideas and create consistency.
- 2+ years of exposure to NLP/ML-powered chatbots from inception to launch
- You are a self starter who delights in applying experimentation / AB testing, statistical analysis and other data science techniques to understand who our customers are, what they are doing, what they want, and why.
- You have strong software engineering fundamentals; you understand data structures and algorithms and have the ability to maintain a test suite and write clear maintainable code.
- You understand how to optimize event tracking - what should be tracked, how it should be structured and taxonomies that should be applied (Segment experience, specifically, a plus).
- You have owned experiment design and analysis from end to end, understanding not only how to set up experiments (determining who is in the populations, sample size, how they are deployed, how long they run, etc.) but also analysed the results by doing deep dives to understand attribution, causation, and incremental lift. (Understanding how and when to go beyond 3rd party experimentation platform analytics, like Optimizely, a plus).
- You do your due diligence to make sure your insights are right and do not sacrifice the quality or accuracy of your work.
- You have an advanced degree, or equivalent working experience, in Statistics, Econometrics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related quantitative field.
What we offer
- Competitive salary based on experience, medical and dental benefits, as well as a 401k match
- Free snacks and drinks, plus weekly catered lunches.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Monthly happy hours and company events.
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service.
We know great work isn’t done alone. We’re building a team of individuals to Chime in with their different strengths to benefit our employees and members. We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.
Our healthcare coverage includes medical and dental insurance.
We offer employees the option to contribute to their 401k plan.
We offer 16 weeks of paid parental leave for all parents to help you welcome your new additions. Our office has an onsite dedicated Mother's Room for those who need it.
Need a vacay? Take one. Life just threw you a curveball? Go get that work-life balance! We offer a flexible PTO policy.
Health & wellness
To make fueling up at work easier, we offer healthy snacks, a variety of beverages, two catered meals per week, and the option to expense dinners if you are a night owl!
Get to and from work easier with out commuter benefits.
We love our dogs of Chime! As long as your pup is house trained, good with people and other dogs, we welcome them in!
Learning and development
We offer each Chimer a stipend for professional development to use on online courses, conferences, certifications and more!
Team building and offsites
We're a ton of fun - We work hard and have fun while we're at it! Picnics, escape room outings, happy hours, Giants games, and the list goes on.
We pledge to give 1% of our time towards charitable work and volunteer frequently as a company.
We celebrate your tenure milestones by rewarding you with travel stipends and swag!
Chime at a glance
Chime focuses on Mobile, Financial Services, E-Commerce, Mobile Payments, and Banking. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Chicago. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Chime has raised $808.75M of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2019 at a valuation of $5.8B.