Mobile app that simplifies stop motion video creation to help brands stand out on social
SENIOR iOS DEVELOPER (Vancouver, BC)$75k – $85k • 3.0% – 7.0%
Life Lapse is SaaS startup that simplifies the process of stop motion video creation through our mobile app. We launched just over 2.5 years ago, have over 1,300,000 downloads and have grown our revenue 600% year over year. Our mission is to help brands stand out on social media with eye-catching stop motion videos.
To date, we have positioned ourselves as more of a B2C app (with subscription pricing), however, through recent customer research we discovered most of our paying users are SMB’s. We have the roadmap on what needs to be done to shift to B2B and we’re looking for the right person to take us there. We are not a pre-revenue startup. We’re profitable and ready to scale.
We are looking for an ambitious senior iOS developer (Swift) that is eager to grow, eventually into a CTO position. To start, you will be taking over iOS development from our current remote team and work closely with the CEO. As we grow, you will be responsible for hiring leading the tech team.
You’re ambitious, eager to grow and want skin in the game in a fast growing startup. You’re a top notch problem solver and obsess over developing high-quality code. You can build a solid foundation now to prepare for the future and create best practices for the team that you will lead. You are a self starter that exhibits passion, creativity and loves building apps. You want the freedom and independence to lead how the tech is built. You are comfortable sacrificing a 6-figure salary for a more conservative one because you know having equity in a fast growing start-up will pay off substantially down the road.
- iOS development
- Architect and develop the backend of our app using Firebase
- Hiring & managing developers
- Work closely with CEO
- Working with multiple SDK’s (mixpanel, customer.io, facebook, etc)
- Localize the app in multiple languages
- Have 3-5+ years experience in development, ideally in a fast paced B2B SaaS startup
- 3+ years experience in Swift
- Experience in AVFoundation, Core Media & Realm
- 3+ years experience in building out back ends (firebase)
- Have experience hiring and leading a team
- 2+ years experience with implementing and managing SDK’s
- Ambitious, self-starter
Nice To Haves
- UX/UI Design
This is not for….
- A junior level developer
- Somebody who needs a lot of supervision/guidance
- Somebody that wants to punch in and out at a 9-5
- Competitive Salary
- Attractive equity package
- 4 day work week
- Flexible vacation package & flexible work schedule