Commercial Real Estate Investing for All
Backend Engineer & Architect - Node$100k – $160k • 0.1% – 0.3%
About the Role:
LEX is seeking to hire a Backend & API Engineer to help build and architect our APIs and backend services. As one of the first 5 engineers on a team with a flat structure, you’ll fully own core components and services.
- Design, build, and maintain APIs, services, and systems across LEX's core platform
- Own scaling our systems as our customer base continues to grow
- Work with engineers across the company to build new features
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
- Build infrastructure that is specific to our APIs
- Plan for the growth of LEX’s infrastructure
- Focus on eliminating risks and build reliable, scalable and performant systems
- Hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems
- Over time, hire a team of engineers to support your work.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Enjoy and have experience building APIs
- Experience building and deploying systems from scratch
- Solid foundation of modern web frameworks
- Good intuition for REST API design
- Strength thinking about systems — their edge cases, failure modes, and lifecycles
- Similar experience as an early engineer at a startup would be a bonus.
- Experience as an engineer at an early stage start up
- FinTech or finance related work history
- Expert with microservice architecture
Check out some LEX press:
LEX at a glance
LEX focuses on Real Estate and Fin Tech. Their company has offices in New York City. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, LEX has raised $4M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2019.