Lever is a personalized coaching platform designed to help you meet your health goals
Frontend Engineer$90k – $130k • 0.5% – 1.0%
At its core, Lever Health is a mission-driven Product and Engineering company. We empower our Engineering team to make decisions that support the vision of helping our members live healthy ever after. We subscribe to thoughtful Engineering practices and believe in building pragmatically. We actively support your career growth through a culture of constant learning and strive to create a team that prioritizes cross-functional collaboration, transparency, and empathy.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial and passionate Frontend Engineer with React experience to lead development and execute across a fast-paced, mission-driven company.
Who you are:
• Enthusiastic and experienced Engineer who values collaboration, empathy, and transparency
• Our codebase is written in React with modern design patterns and coding standards. You are comfortable building flexible applications using composable components with minimal guidance.
• Our software helps people reach their health goals, and we take tremendous pride in our work. You adhere to Engineering best practices, make thoughtful architecture decisions, and support a tight feedback loop through continuous releases.
• You lean on the open source community and value the importance of giving back through OSS contributions, blog posts, or talks
What you'll do:
• Work closely with our product team to provide requirements feedback early in the product lifecycle
• Contribute to technical requirements and build impactful features for our members
• Implement pixel perfect designs with compelling animations
• Improve our codebase through continuous refactoring
• Collaborate with Backend to implement and extend our APIs
What we’re looking for:
• 4+ years of experience building frontend applications
• Demonstrated skill in delivering high-quality code
• Experience working with Designers and Product Managers
• Experience working in an agile environment (standups, sprint planning, retrospectives, etc.)
• Bonus Points: Python or Swift experience, contributions to the open source community
Who we are:
Our mission is to help our members achieve their health goals. Our vision is to be their health concierge and help them discover what works so they can live healthy ever after.
Founding a company is a chance to do things differently. We have the opportunity to build a culture that prioritizes health and empathy. We believe in creating a transparent, inclusive, and mission-driven company with a focus on building great products that empower people to make intelligent decisions. We want to build a company that everyone wants to work for, starting with ourselves.
If you want to know more about QH and our process, we will waive the onboarding fee for anyone who mentions Angellist on their Alpha Application.
Health and Wellness Perks
• High-Quality Food: Healthy snacks, daily lunch, and dinner if you’re working late.
• Flexible Hours: We trust you to get your work done. We accommodate night owls and early birds through 11 am - 4 pm shared in-person hours and a flexible WFH policy.
• Unlimited Vacation: Minimum 2 weeks per year with at least 5 days in a row. Part of being healthy is taking time off to relax and recharge.
• Health, Dental & Wellness: Full Medical and Dental Insurance coverage plus a Wellness stipend to support healthy habits.
• Choice of Workstation: We spend a lot of time with our technology; make sure it's the ideal setup for you.
• Offsites & Team Building: We believe in building an empathetic, inclusive, and mission-driven culture. Offsites allow all of us to come together and get on the same page so we can move forward together while also having a great time.
• Great Swag: Jackets, shirts, backpacks, water bottles and hoodies so good your friends will want to join.
Lever Health is an equal opportunity employer; in keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on gender, sexual orientation, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, marital domestic partner status, physical ability, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on 'protected categories,' we also strive to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our company culture. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Lever Health.
Meet your team
Lever Health at a glance
Lever Health focuses on Mobile, Healthcare, Health and Wellness, Mobile Health, and Digital Health. Their company has offices in New York City and Remote. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees.