Senior Ruby on Rails Developer$100k – $160k • 0.0% – 0.1%
LevelUp is used by more than 4MM customers paying at over 14,000 locations nationwide. Backed by Google Ventures, T-Ventures and Highland Capital, LevelUp powers the mobile experiences for top brands like Tropical Smoothie Cafe, Equinox, Steak ‘N Shake, Dunn Bros Coffee, Argo Tea & sweetgreen.
The Engineering team includes 30+ contributors spread across five teams: Design, Mobile, Platform, POS, and White Label. We take pride in the utility of the products we have built and the craftsmanship of their implementations. On the Platform team, we embrace a flat hierarchy and pair junior developers with more senior mentors. Small pods often form to tackle high-priority projects, all of which benefit from thorough testing and code review.
Curious about current projects?
Here are some of the challenges that drive development for the Platform team:
- How can we empower businesses to excite and reward their customers in new ways?
- What interesting things can we do with SKU-level data when a user places an order?
- Why should businesses keep using LevelUp or run more campaigns? How can we help them reach those conclusions more easily?
- Who might want to build on top of our platform and how can we make sure our API supports their needs?
- When will our system reach its breaking point? What must be done now to push back that date?
- 4+ years professional software development experience with a modern web framework like Django or Rails
- Team player with excellent written and spoken English communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or ample real-world experience
-Previous experience with relational database design fundamentals (PostgreSQL)
-Distributed version control expertise with Git
What you could pick up by working with us:
- Experience building and maintaining a large-scale, high-availability web application with an active and growing user base
- Confidence writing tests for high-risk functionality like financial transactions
- Practice designing and implementing RESTful web service APIs
- Solid relational database design fundamentals
- Distributed version control expertise with Git
Benefits & Perks
- Free catered lunches daily from the businesses in the LevelUp ecosystem
- A never ending amount of coffee beans to make whatever satiates your palate (Americano, Latte, Espresso, Regular Cup O Joe)
- Strong benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance, fully paid for by LevelUp and 401(k) with company match
- Convenient access to the MBTA via red, green & orange line (Downtown Crossing, Park Street, and South Station are a few blocks away)
Come Join Our Team and apply online today!
LevelUp at a glance
LevelUp focuses on Loyalty Programs, Local Coupons, Mobile Payments, and Local Businesses. Their company has offices in Boston. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, LevelUp has raised $50.75M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2013.