Leading marketplace platform for property finance
What are we about
LendInvest is a fast-growth Financial Technology business that is shaping the future of property finance. Since launching in 2008, we’ve funded over £1 billion of loans to buy, build or renovate almost 4,000 properties around the UK. We raised almost £50 million of equity backing to date from top tier investors such as Atomico, the European venture capital fund led by Skype founder, Niklas Zennström. In total we’ve raised and manage over $1 billion of funds for investors.
LendInvest is the world’s largest online marketplace for property lending and investing, and is one of the UK’s fastest growing FinTech companies.
What’s the team like?
We are using technology and innovation to make the process of owning and investing in property simple and straightforward. To date - we have loaned £1 billion, but we have set the bar much higher.
We hire people who are passionate about solving real-world problems in an exciting, dynamic, collaborative and fun environment.
Our engineering teams, split into cross functional teams that look after the investor and borrower platforms, provide the technology and innovation that allows us to grow and evolve as a business. Without them, we could not achieve the goals we set as a company. From building a brand new microservice architecture to introducing 3rd party services to enable efficiencies or expansion, the challenges are never ending.
We are always evolving and right now that evolution is happening in our cutting edge technology team. We want to hire engineers who are not only passionate about a particular technology but technology as a whole and how it fits into the overall picture of a highly scalable product.
We rely heavily on React and Redux consuming RESTful APIs and on the backend, PHP7, Symfony3, Node.JS and MySQL. We use AWS, Docker and Kubernetes for infrastructure.
What’s my day to day going to be like?
* Create responsive website layout/user interface
* Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
* Create and maintain software documentation
* Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
* Cooperate with web designers to match visual design intent
What we need you to have?
* Responsive design
* Confident in working with RESTIsh API
* You’re passionate about Interactive Design and you came across Atomic Design principles
* You are collaborative and prefer to work as a team rather than as an individual
It would be great if you've got the following:
* Worked on some highly scalable microservices,
* Experience of Test Driven Development (TDD)
* Any knowledge of Node.JS
* Knowledge of AWS, Docker, Kubernetes
* An interest in learning React and Redux
* Keen interest in finance or property and industry disruption
What you’ll get in return
* We work in cross functional teams and use Domain Driven Design (DDD) to understand our stakeholders and business to produce better outcomes. We use short iterations to provide value incrementally.
* Chance to always be learning. We won’t ever expect you to do the same thing over and over. We want to give you new opportunities to become the best engineer you can be.
* Private Healthcare (Vitality)
* Season Ticket Loan
* Make a measurable difference. We’re here to change the way the world deals with property finance by making it accessible for all.
* A relaxed open-plan working environment
* Matched pension contributions up to 4%
* Discretionary share-option scheme
* 25 days’ holiday
* Enhance maternity/paternity pay
* Subsidised gym membership via PerkBox
* Various other discounts/benefits via PerkBox
* Open bar from 5.30pm (4pm on Fridays)
* Cooked lunch on Fridays from a local restaurant
* A selection of breakfast cereals and fresh fruits and snacks are available each day
* A MacBook or similar and everything else you need to do your job
* Great team all working towards a common goal.
LendInvest at a glance
LendInvest focuses on Financial Services, Finance, Finance Technology, Fin Tech, and Marketplace Lender. Their company has offices in London and Luxembourg. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, LendInvest has raised $99M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2018.