Leading marketplace platform for property finance
Backend Engineer (PHP)
What are we about?
LendInvest is a fast-growth Financial Technology business that is shaping the future of property finance. Since launching in 2008, we’ve funded over £1 billion of loans to buy, build or renovate almost 4,000 properties around the UK. We raised almost £50 million of equity backing to date from top tier investors such as Atomico, the European venture capital fund led by Skype founder, Niklas Zennström. In total we’ve raised and manage over $1 billion of funds for investors.
LendInvest is the world’s largest online marketplace for property lending and investing, and is one of the UK’s fastest growing FinTech companies.
What’s the team like?
We are using technology and innovation to make the process of owning and investing in property simple and straightforward. To date - we have loaned £1 billion, but we have set the bar much higher.
We hire people who are passionate about solving real-world problems in an exciting, dynamic, collaborative and fun environment.
Our engineering teams, split into cross functional teams that look after the investor and borrower platforms, provide the technology and innovation that allows us to grow and evolve as a business. Without them, we could not achieve the goals we set as a company. From building a brand new microservice architecture to introducing 3rd party services to enable efficiencies or expansion, the challenges are never ending.
We are always evolving and right now that evolution is happening in our cutting edge technology team. We want to hire engineers who are not only passionate about a particular technology but technology as a whole and how it fits into the overall picture of a highly scalable product.
We rely heavily on PHP7, Symfony3, MySQL and Node.JS, AWS, Docker and Kubernetes
What you'll be doing
* Take part in daily stand ups
* Go through project boards to evaluate the work to be done
* Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
* Write unit and functional tests
* Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
What we’d need you to have
* As a mid-weight developer you will have a good knowledge across most (but not necessarily) all of the above technical areas.
* PHP7, Symfony3, MySQL, Node.JS (but don’t be put off if these aren’t your primary languages)
* Good knowledge of Design Patterns
* Good knowledge of REST
* MySQL, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes would be a bonus
* Test Driven (TDD). You will never say it’s ready until it’s been tested, documented and explained
* You are collaborative and prefer to work as a team rather than as an individual
What we'd like you to have
* Have experience using DDD
* Have an active interest in finance or property and industry disruption
LendInvest benefits include:
* A relaxed open-plan working environment
* Private medical cover (Vitality)
* Matched pension contributions
* Discretionary share-options scheme
* 25 days holiday
* Enhance maternity/paternity pay
* Subsidised gym membership
* Various other discounts/benefits
* Open bar from 5.30pm (4pm on Fridays)
* Cooked lunch on Friday's from a local restaurant
* A selection of breakfast cereals and fresh fruits and snacks available each day
* A MacBook or similar and everything else you need to do your job.
LendInvest at a glance
LendInvest focuses on Financial Services, Finance, Finance Technology, Fin Tech, and Marketplace Lender. Their company has offices in London and Luxembourg. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, LendInvest has raised $99M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2018.