Easily browse and compare a wide variety of different loans
Senior Full Stack Web Developer
To meet business demands we have been growing and our Tech team. We have a new position for a Sr. Full Stack Web Software Developer to own some of our web applications used by our clients and staff, to deliver and manage existing and new Internet products. The ideal candidate has a passion for building maintainable and scalable applications, solving problems, and delighting customers and business partners.
You are able to break down complex problems and you design elegant, easy-to-maintain solutions that are resilient and robust. You are comfortable working in an existing codebase and have the judgment to make necessary changes to existing code while managing risk. You also have the ability to gather requirements from business managers, gain insight into business processes, and communicate ideas clearly to team members in order to support multi-person projects.
- Develop scalable and maintainable web applications. Products may include user interfaces, integrations with third party web services and new or existing databases.
- Develop functional prototypes and beta web applications quickly to support market trials.
- Support existing web applications including troubleshooting, bug fixing, required upgrades and modifications to existing functionality.
- Work with business partners to define/clarify project requirements and acceptance criteria, define success metrics for features to be delivered
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in computer science, engineering, or mathematics.
- Experience developing business applications using SQL Server or other RDBMS and NoSQL databases.
- Knowledge of current best practices of web application development using HTML 5 and CSS.
- Strong understanding of software engineering best practices such as SOLID principles and design patterns.
- Development experience under an agile development methodology and process
- Strong written and oral communication, documentation and interpersonal skills.
- Experience building and consuming microservices such as Rest or GraphQL
- Experience with unit testing and test-driven development.
- Experience using tools Jira, Visual Studio, Git, VS Code, VSTS
- Strong collaboration skills and a desire to help and learn from other developers
- Ability to grasp complex business logic and project requirements
- A willingness to question things and voice your opinion
- Azure Platform (Provisioning, monitoring performance, Application Insights, etc)
Bonus Skills / Experience
- Development experience of mobile-first user interfaces
LendingTree is the nation’s largest online lending marketplace. That means we connect customers with multiple lenders so they find the best deals on loans, credit cards, savings accounts and insurance. Our goal is to help people save money, and we believe the best way to do that is by giving them a way to shop for loans and compare lenders so they make their best financial choices. Our CEO Doug Lebda founded the company in 1996 after a frustrating house-hunting experience. In those days, we mostly helped people find good mortgage deals. Now, we help consumers find their best in personal loans, auto loans, business loans, student loans, credit cards, savings accounts, home equity loans and more. **What else you should know: **
- We’re a publicly-traded company (TREE).
- We’ve welcomed several other companies into the LendingTree family to augment our efforts at helping borrowers make their most sensible financial choices.
- We’ve built the LendingTree app and My LendingTree dashboard to give consumers tools to manage and monitor their financial health.
- We still make funny commercials. CULTURE We’re a fast-paced company with an entrepreneurial bend. We work hard and test our products often. We’re collaborative, ambitious, candid and high-energy. Our teammates are some of the brightest, most talented people you’ll ever work with. We care more about your smarts than we do about the kinds of clothes you wear (but please, do wear clothes to work!), and we’re pretty good about rewarding innovation, creativity and the knack for just getting stuff done (we even have an award for employees called the GSD, “Get Stuff Done”). Come work with us!
LendingTree is the kind of company that not only promotes diversity and inclusion; we thrive because of these values. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion (or creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or military status.
While we’d love people to work here forever, you really should plan for the days after your retirement party. To help the Company will match 50% of your 401K contributions into our plan up to the first 6%.
Yes, we are all adults here! This doesn’t mean you can take off all the work days in months with an “r”. It means we all know that we need to get our work done and keep our bosses happy, even while we take some time off work.
Catered lunches (charlotte office)
What’s better than the craft table at a movie shoot? OK that may be a bit of an oversell since you probably won’t meet any movie stars at our lunches…but it’s just $3!
In house gym and trainers
Who has time for a workout? We do, especially when our personal trainer offers classes – before, during and after work hours. We even have two workout rooms in the Charlotte office.
Innovative work environment
This one should be obvious as you learn more about LendingTree. What other company includes the things we’ve listed in their recruiting site?
We are not talking about a “participation ribbon” for showing up! We pay cash bonuses twice a year to all our employees when we hit our goals for a quarter.
LendingTree at a glance
LendingTree focuses on Financial Services, E-Commerce, Finance, Personal Finance, and Credit. Their company has offices in Chicago, Charlotte, and Burlingame. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees.