Unprecedented value from sensitive data. mathematically proven privacy for the enterprise
Software Engineer - Algorithms
LeapYear's secure machine learning platform is deployed by some of the largest enterprises in the world across finance, healthcare, and technology.
Our technology ensures differential privacy, a widely recognized standard of data privacy that enables all data - including sensitive information - to be utilized for analytics, while providing mathematically proven privacy protection.
The LeapYear system is composed of a core set of components that allow private machine learning on data sets that can scale to petabytes. The system includes private algorithms for relational operations, statistical methods and machine learning. A data scientist accesses private data using a Python API. Administration is provided via a web-based GUI or an API.
If you work at the intersection of machine learning and functional programming, we're looking for you. You will collaborate with developers, researchers, and data scientists to transform machine learning theory into enterprise applications, and the novel algorithms that you develop will be deployed on massive enterprise datasets.
For details on the specific responsibilities and requirements of this role, please see below.
- Design and implement novel machine learning techniques
- Develop performance-critical code
- Plan, implement, and optimize new features to carry out our product roadmap
- PhD, or equivalent experience, in a field involving the application of advanced mathematics (machine learning, computer science, statistics, physics, math, electrical/systems engineering)
- Exposure to functional programming
- Strong foundation in data structures, algorithms, software design, and the theoretical underpinnings of machine learning
- Familiarity with differential privacy theory and implementation
- Excellent Haskell skills
- Professional machine learning experience and functional programming
- Experience in enterprise data science and data engineering
- Background applying advanced machine learning techniques in enterprise data environments
A Few of the Perks
- Culture of teaching and learning
- Competitive compensation package of salary and equity
- Catered lunch every day
- Company outings
- Build your ideal work station
- Generous health insurance plan
- Relocation support and visa sponsorship
Health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family , FSAs for health and dependent care, Disability insurance (Long and short-term)
401k plan with match
Early-stage stock options.
Flexible schedule, work-from-home Wednesdays
Great snacks and catered meals every day
Good ergonomics (standing desks, nice chairs and monitors), monthly hikes, bike rides, game nights, happy hours, and more
LeapYear Technologies at a glance
LeapYear Technologies focuses on Enterprise Software, Security, and Machine Learning. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, LeapYear Technologies has raised $38.2M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2019.