Unprecedented value from sensitive data. mathematically proven privacy for the enterprise
Sr. Software Engineer - Infrastructure
LeapYear's secure machine learning platform is deployed by some of the largest enterprises in the world across finance, healthcare, and technology.
Our technology ensures differential privacy, a widely recognized standard of data privacy that enables all data - including sensitive information - to be utilized for analytics, while providing mathematically proven privacy protection.
The LeapYear system is composed of a core set of components that allow private machine learning on data sets that can scale to petabytes. The system includes private algorithms for relational operations, statistical methods and machine learning. A data scientist accesses private data using a Python API. Administration is provided via a web-based GUI or an API.
LeapYear's Infrastructure team builds the tools that build our software and scales our test infrastructure such that all developers can contribute to automated test suites. For deployments of LeapYear, Infrastructure engineers write sophisticated, parameterized installers for enterprise environments, and automate deployment into cloud environments.
We are looking for versatile problem solvers that are interested in developer productivity, automation, and cloud infrastructure.
- Build the network and scale our existing systems using Infrastructure as Code
- Partner with product management to define problems and identify iterative solutions
- Balance immediate business objectives against a long-term architectural vision
- Contribute to an engineering-wide culture of code quality and shared responsibility for testing
- Contribute to other engineer's personal development by sharing knowledge, mentoring, and coaching
- 7+ years of general software programming experience, including regular use of major scripting languages (Python, Bash, Ruby, Java)
- 5+ years of experience building network infrastructure, preferably with Infrastructure as Code tools
- 2+ years of experience using Infrastructure as Code tools such as Terraform, AWS CloudFormation, Ansible, and Packer
- 2+ years of experience building infrastructure with containers and using tools such as Kubernetes, Docker Compose or Docker
- Enterprise experience with Linux systems administration, command line tools, and various distributions of Linux (Red Hat, Centos, Ubuntu, etc).
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment tools such as CircleCi, Jenkins or Spinnaker (CircleCI preferred)
- Experience with services provided by AWS, GCP, VMware and Azure (AWS and GCP preferred)
- Experience with administering and running Hadoop and Spark clusters
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Experience with security best practices in Linux system administration and cloud infrastructure
- Experience using secret management tools such as Vault or AWS/GCP secret manager
- Experience testing the results of statistical analysis, preferably machine learning
- Experience with Maven, Bazel, Gradle, or other modern build systems
- Acquainted with and interested in functional programming (Haskell, OCaml, Clojure, Erlang, Scala)
A Few of the Perks
- Culture of teaching and learning
- Competitive compensation package of salary and equity
- Catered lunch every day
- Company outings
- Build your ideal work station
- Generous health insurance plan
- Relocation support and visa sponsorship
Health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family , FSAs for health and dependent care, Disability insurance (Long and short-term)
401k plan with match
Early-stage stock options.
Flexible schedule, work-from-home Wednesdays
Great snacks and catered meals every day
Good ergonomics (standing desks, nice chairs and monitors), monthly hikes, bike rides, game nights, happy hours, and more
LeapYear Technologies at a glance
LeapYear Technologies focuses on Enterprise Software, Security, and Machine Learning. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, LeapYear Technologies has raised $38.2M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2019.