Unprecedented value from sensitive data. mathematically proven privacy for the enterprise
Sr. Software Engineer - Full Stack
LeapYear's secure machine learning platform is deployed by some of the largest enterprises in the world across finance, healthcare, and technology.
Our technology ensures differential privacy, a widely recognized standard of data privacy that enables all data - including sensitive information - to be utilized for analytics, while providing mathematically proven privacy protection.
LeapYear's application team builds the administrative software that allows data owners to configure, manage, and troubleshoot the use of their data by Analysts using the LeapYear system. Using a GUI application or a companion API, administrators can specify how 100+TB datasets are configured for data analysis and machine learning, and learn how best to optimize the parameters of Differential Privacy for their use case. Applications Team members work together with Product and Design to ease the administrators' problem solving within a complex and dynamic problem space. Services for authentication, authorization, access control, data administration, and logging are all written in containerized modules as full-stack TypeScript Web applications built on PostgreSQL, Apollo GraphQL, Node.js and React, with interactions with Haskell, Scala, and Python. Like all teams at LeapYear, we strive to write strongly-typed, Functional-forward code in every language we use.
We are looking for software engineers that have a track record of developing enterprise-ready features for technical end users, including data analytics workflows, enterprise collaboration features, and data management.
For details on the specific responsibilities and requirements of this role, please see below.
- Develop the front-end and back-end of all LeapYear web applications for data scientists and data administrators
- Run the full software development lifecycle - problem definition, design, development, testing, demoing, and supporting production use of the features you own.
- Collaborate with product management to create an intuitive experience for our users, giving them insight into sensitive data and powerful tools to work with data
- Develop enterprise-ready features and integrations to meet the needs of the world's largest organizations
- Balance immediate business objectives against long-term architectural vision
- Represent complex, novel concepts from machine learning and cryptography in an intuitive way
- Learn new technologies, best design practices and usability patterns
- Several years of experience developing full-stack web applications including:
- UI implementation
- Client-server interaction
- API design
- SQL database manipulation
- Experience building server-side APIs
- Interest in or experience with functional programming paradigms
- Clear opinions on testing, CI/CD, and engineering process
- Enthusiasm for learning and evaluating new technologies
- Strong focus on user experience at all levels of the product
- Experience integrating web applications with enterprise systems
- Experience designing and building microservices
- Familiarity with our tech stack (React, GraphQL, Typescript, CSS3, PostgreSQL, Docker)
- Experience with Cypress for testing
- Interest in or experience with data analysis or machine learning
- Strong analytical and quantitative problem solving ability
A Few of the Perks
- Culture of teaching and learning
- Competitive compensation package of salary and equity
- Catered lunch every day
- Company outings
- Build your ideal work station
- Generous health insurance plan
- Relocation support and visa sponsorship
Health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family , FSAs for health and dependent care, Disability insurance (Long and short-term)
401k plan with match
Early-stage stock options.
Flexible schedule, work-from-home Wednesdays
Great snacks and catered meals every day
Good ergonomics (standing desks, nice chairs and monitors), monthly hikes, bike rides, game nights, happy hours, and more
LeapYear Technologies at a glance
LeapYear Technologies focuses on Enterprise Software, Security, and Machine Learning. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, LeapYear Technologies has raised $38.2M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2019.