Enabling the next generation of financial innovation
Founding Data Scientist£60k – £80k • 0.1% – 0.5%
At Lean, we are on a mission to empower the next generation of FinTech innovators. We strive to achieve this by building universal APIs to access pertinent consumer financial data, thus eliminating barriers to entry.
As a Founding Data Scientist, you will be responsible for architecting and building Lean’s core Machine Learning infrastructure that will underpin the future of the financial ecosystem. You would be developing innovative algorithms and data models to generate meaningful insights from consumer financial data. You would have the opportunity to spearhead the planning and implementation of solutions created through our Data science platform.
We are looking for a highly-motivated, resilient problem-solver. Someone who seeks out challenges and is ready to implement compelling solutions to complex problems.
You will run statistical analysis over the financial dataset (Bank account, financial transaction history etc) to determine which machine learning approach would be best suited for solving the problem. They will then develop and model algorithms and provide a prototype for testing.
By analysing, predicting and inferring from unstructured( or structured) financial data, you would help us create software API products which would facilitate our customers make better business decisions . This would be a position where you would get a chance to start from scratch and help building 1.0 of the product.
- Masters/PhD or equivalent experience in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Computer Science, Applied Sciences or Operational Research
- Comfortable with challenging prescribed thinking
- 6+ years experience applying Machine Learning to real-world problems
- Use data insights to design and build Machine Learning algorithms
- Hands-on experience with datasets (i.e. data extraction, cleaning, analysis and presentation).
- Demonstrated ability to provide insights from data sets.
- Understanding of statistics and optimisation techniques.
- Comfortable coding in R, Python, Java
- Leverage tools like Hadoop & SQL to drive efficient analytics.
- NoSql databases, e.g. Cassandra, BigTable
- SQL and relational databases, preferably PostgreSQL
- XML and related technologies ( XML Schema, XPath )
- Experienced with cloud infrastructure (GCP, AWS, Azure)
The successful candidate will:
- Be motivated to take complete ownership of the product.
- Be willing to learn new technologies and implement them.
- Possess Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple fashion
- Pay attention to detail and have a commitment to quality.
Lean at a glance
Lean focuses on Startups, Software Engineering, and Financial Technology. Their company has offices in London and Riyadh. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees.
You can view their website at http://www.leantech.me