The operating system for youth sports
Accounting Manager$90k – $110k • 0.0% – 0.01%
LeagueApps is a fast-growing, venture-backed company that is using data and technology to build the largest community around youth and local sports. We count professional leagues, teams, and athletes as investors and partners, and reach millions of people every day through our best-in-class SaaS platform. We’re looking for team members who want to be part of building the greatest local sports company in the world.
LeagueApps operates at the intersection of sports, technology, and community. Our sports management platform powers youth and recreational sports organizations across the country, making sports seamless — in everything from registration to payments to communications. More than software solutions, we’re creating community, serving as a thought-leader and bringing insights on such important topics as encouraging girls in sports, injury prevention for youth players, and how technology will affect the future of sports.
The LeagueApps Accounting Manager will own our accounting processes and help scale our financial administration as we grow our headcount and customer base.
Accounting Leadership & Execution
- Learn and execute existing day-to-day accounting administration of the company including monthly close, AR, AP and vendor management, expense controls, tax filings and other required filings
- Own monthly and annual financial reporting and accounting processes, including financial review and analysis, preparing account reconciliations and accruals and overall maintenance of the Company's accounting records
- Hire, train, and manage future Jr Staff Accountant by providing subject-matter expertise, coordinating special projects, cross-training and other areas as needed
- Oversee transition to "in-house" ownership of our bookkeeping and AP from our existing external bookkeeping and accounting team
- Analyze and audit complex transactional data from our payments processors (Stripe) to ensure cash flows are accurate and translated into accurate financial reporting
- Build positive working interdepartmental relationships with department leaders in order to track department expenses and special project budgets
- Lead annual corporate tax return process and year-end filings with external tax consultants
- Develop thorough understanding of our current billing system; quickly learn how to execute monthly billing and payments operations, reconciliations, and reporting
- Maintain and enhance proper internal financial controls and processes, including implementation of new financial software and tools. Drive process documentation and workflow improvements, including writing, reviewing and maintaining relevant standard operating procedures
- Track and report expenses, identify, initiate and assist in cost containment strategies including leadership of cost-savings initiatives, spending controls and expense approvals, vendor negotiations, and contract renewals
- Perform month-end and project variance analysis and provide high level commentary and insights to management team; analyze and communicate trends in COGS, OPEX, capital expenditures, working capital and cash flow to explain and validate financial results
- Support reporting to company department leaders to drive performance, forecasting, and goals, including partnering with HR and Office Operations functions to improve tracking of operations budgets and expenses
- Progress the department agenda and initiative roadmap as prioritized by company executives to support company growth
- 6-10 years of accounting and financial administration experience in high-growth SaaS environments and Big 4 accounting environments
- CPA is required
- Proven success managing a small team of direct reports
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Quickbooks expert; Netsuite experience a plus
- Experience working with sales organizations and with Salesforce.com preferred; experience with additional AR/AP and payroll tools including Bill.com, Abacus, Justworks, etc. preferred
- Diligence and attention to detail - demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; monitor own work to ensure quality control of all work products of self and others
- Communication - speak clearly and professionally, create polished and complete documents, and present data effectively
- Organized - Calm under pressure and able to prioritize and meet deadlines within a high energy, fast-paced, constantly changing environment. Impeccable organizational skills, with ability to self-motivate and successfully work on multiple projects
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, exercise discretion with sensitive information, exercise sound judgment, and become a trusted advisor to senior management
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Equity Grants
- Health Benefits! Medical, Dental, and Vision Health coverage
- Paid parental leave for primary and secondary caregivers
- We'll pay for your sports leagues!
- Cell Phone and Gym subsidies
- Culture and work environment that emphasizes teamwork, passion, learning, fun and snacks
- Social impact opportunities through our FundPlay initiative that includes events, volunteering, and grant-making
LeagueApps is an equal-opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Healthcare Packages, Retirement Savings
Generous paid time-off policy
Stocked Pantry, Beer in the Fridge, and Bagel Fridays
Sports & wellness
Gym Subsidies, Company Sports Teams, Big Game Watching Parties and Laser Tag
After Work Social Outings, Volunteer Opportunities, Family Night and Game Night
Computer and cellphone subsidies
Weekly All-Hands with “AMA” and Bi-Annual OTAs
LeagueApps at a glance
LeagueApps focuses on SaaS, E-Commerce, Sports, and Local. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, LeagueApps has raised $5M of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2015.