Wholesale management platform for the cannabis industry
VP of Marketplace
LeafLink is the regulated cannabis industry’s largest wholesale marketplace, providing licensed dispensaries the ability to order from their favorite brands, as well as a suite of software tools for those brands to manage and scale their operations.
With over 4,200 retailers and more than 1,400 brands across 25 territories in the US and Canada, LeafLink is setting the industry standard for how cannabis businesses grow together. LeafLink annually processes and manages more than $1 billion in wholesale cannabis orders - you can learn more about our history and path to $1B here http://firstbillion.leaflink.com/.
Our team, backed by funding from leading VC’s, is poised to define the cannabis supply chain through technology. LeafLink was named one of Built In NYC's ‘Best Places to Work in 2020’, as well as one of Fast Company’s ’Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Enterprise for 2018’, joining the ranks of Amazon, Slack, and VMWare - and we’re just getting started!
- Help define the LeafLink Marketplace strategy including building cross-functional relationships with other business line managers
- Monitor and analyze trends in each of our geographic marketplaces using both data and subjective knowledge to address market opportunities
- Launch and build highly liquid network effects in new markets/territories between Brand/Distributors (sellers) and Retailers (buyers) both domestically and internationally
- Explore new roles and organizational structure to further deepen engagement in existing markets - both on the ground and virtually deepening community trust
- Closely follow and be the resident expert on state licensing structures, maintaining close relationships with launch partners to properly serve each state market
- Define, design, and deliver on processes that help drive operational rigor such as OKRs, strategy documentation, and long term business planning
Sales & Client Success
- Establish sales objectives and KPIs by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products.
- Scale national and enterprise-level sales team by recruiting, selecting and training employees while maintaining and curating assets such as cold call scripts, playbooks and client qualifying factors.
- Create and implement sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products.
- Analyze pipeline and lead data, deliver periodic reporting to the sales and marketing teams providing key business insights: typical reporting relates to Demand Generation, Pipeline Forecast and Trends, Conversion Rates, Target Account, Market Segmentation, Win/Loss
- Create strong relationships with key client stakeholders at both senior and mid-management levels
- Understand and effectively communicate the company's value prop, tech, process and current partnerships
- Understand the competitive landscape and market trends
- Establish high levels of quality, accuracy and process consistency for the sales, client success and marketing teams
- Report on key KPIs and analytics related to the lead and opportunity in order to implement a consistent closed-loop between marketing, sales and client success
- Drive the successful implementation and adoption of sales and marketing automation platforms
- Build client success upsell opportunity processes within a large client journey strategy for both retailers and brands
- An optimist and positive professional, excited by challenges and ready with solutions
- Established track record for launching, maintaining and growing b2c, and ideally b2b, marketplace dynamics
- Proven Sales, Expansion and Client Success team leader who creates, maintains and levels up both the team and the community we serve in the marketplace
- You thrive in a "roll up your sleeves" environment, you are excited by an industry where many say each year feels like seven based on the rapid growth and changing environment
- Detail-oriented, data driven and analytical when making decisions
- Deep experience scaling multiple teams and navigating a scaling technology organization along OKR frameworks
- Embodies LeafLink’s Core Values
- You are a multi-tasker and connector, as well as an organized operator who executes on both internal and external responsibilities
- Generous PTO
- Fun Office Environment
- Competitive Salary
- Benefit Matching (medical, dental, vision)
- 401k Offered
- Stock Options
- Team Events