Virtual data analyst for product teams
Senior Data Scientist€80k – €150k • 1.0% – 2.0%
Why work with us
- Data science product aiming to automate product data analysis
- State-of-the-art algorithmic and machine learning challenges
- Founders with experience at leading Silicon Valley companies
- Backed by top-tier US & French investors, incl. Y Combinator
Who We Are
Lazy Lantern builds a virtual analytics expert. It transforms massive analytics datasets into a feed of simple news. It makes analytics dramatically more effective, less error-prone and less time-consuming.
- Lead data science at a company building a data science product
- Work very closely with the founders to define and build the future of our product
- Research how to best automate user behavior analysis on topics such as anomaly detection, trend detection, incident root-cause and impact analysis, user path diagnostics, inference and more.
- Come up with statistical and ML models to achieve these automated analyses and validate them on massive customer datasets
- Build a world-class data team from the ground up
We're looking for someone who
- Has experience as a Head of Data or Data Science Lead
- Has led development of data products in the space of user interactions (product analytics, attribution, digital ads, A/B testing, churn prediction, etc.).
- Is strongly product-minded, user-centric and creative to be at the heart of our product ideation process
- Has a builder mindset and can go end-to-end (very) quickly
- Is creative when it comes to solving hard data problems, going past off-the-shelve solutions to come up with new strategic but pragmatic approaches
- Is versatile with deep knowledge in statistics, probabilities, graph analysis, time series, inference
- Has knowledge of the latest data technologies and algorithms (time series databases, data infrastructures, distributed systems, etc.)
- Has at least 8 years of experience as a data scientist, data engineer or data manager
- Has a Masters or PhD in Machine Learning, Statistics, Mathematics or a related field of study
- No requirement to speak French
This post goes into more details about the type of product mindset we are looking for.
Flexible work hours
Personal growth fund (gym, mental health, courses, etc.)
Retreat every 6 months in a cool place
All the tech you need to have an impact
Lazy Lantern is an equal opportunity employer. We value and celebrate how you identify, who you love, the color of your skin, your age (at heart and on paper), the gods you do or don't believe in, and every other belief and characteristic that make you YOU. The more inclusive we are, the better we — and our work — will be.
Meet your team
Flexible work hours
Personal growth fund (gym, mental health, education)
Retreat every 6 month in a cool place
Lazy Lantern at a glance
Lazy Lantern focuses on Analytics, Machine Learning, Big Data, Artificial Intelligence, and Data Visualization. Their company has offices in Paris. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees.
You can view their website at https://www.lazylantern.com